The same common sense should apply when you're driving

She is absolutely right. You wouldn’t bring your child to work in a conventional job so why would a “parent” think it’s OK to expose your child(ren) to all kinds of danger. I’m a mother of two daughters 16&13 and I wouldn’t dare let them ride with me…it would be tragic if something happened to me but to include my daughters it would be a travesty… Smh I understand the whole single parent movement but that doesn’t give you the ticket to be negligent. If you can’t find childcare then my suggestion would be to do Postmates,Grub Hub, Ubereats etc. There are also work from home jobs for customer service and booking appointments but that’s just my personal opinion.

I’m a need people to stop acting like uber is a taxi or a limo. Uber is your neighbor or somebody neighbor agreeing to come pick you up for x amount of dollars. We all have differing morals and values. It’s uber… no telling what will happen in a uber or who coming to get you. It’s a community ride. You been to walmart? You seen the crazy shit there? Them same people drive uber… ijs…

And whats gon happen when that driver and baby get into an accident and the baby has a coma or dies?

You think the insurance company will care about her excuses as a mom with no other way to make a living? She has no protection because the baby is not supposed to be ubering along with her…

It’s totally not my problem. I’m just saying when you ask for a ride from a random person in your community, that you don’t know… expect all manner of foolishness… the uber experience…

Man I just sat here and read all of these comments…some of you are THAT stupid to put your child in danger like that?! Y’all are fucking retarded. You don’t like it? Sue me! I have a 5 year old and a 1 year old. If I don’t have a sitter, I won’t fucking drive! I didn’t know this shit was rocket science.

personally I would cancel the ride and notify uber/lyft but I also think that you need to get a work from home job where your not in the car at 9pm with a screaming child. I dont care if I called a friend and they had to come out their house to come get me at that time of night I would not be ok with them bring the child with them. You chose this job not the kid! dont make them suffer cause you think this is the only hustle in the world.

Lets say that mom got into an accident while driving with baby and pax. Baby breaks his arm in accident.

Whos gonna pay for that babies hospital bill??? Not her fucking insurance nor ubers… What now?

I’m sorry but u don’t know her situation hell at least she trying to provide. Imagine how she feel having her baby cry n passengers like u giving her a hard time. She could of very well be homeless n trying to get money for a room. Smh u just never know what a person is going through. I use to be homeless so I know how hard it can be. Then talkin bout reporting it like why so she can’t have a job anymore to help provide for the little one. I know it can be dangerous at night but it can also be dangerous at anytime. No it’s not cool but u have to do what you got to do to survive!! Damn y’all so quick to judge!! :woman_facepalming:t4:

Where is the line drawn then? Can she give blowjobs in the car for money with her baby? Is it ok to rob a bank and leave her baby in the car?

Now you asking stupid ass questions, of course not but again you never know what her situation could be. Some people are not fortunate like others. She again could have been homeless n need to get a room for her n her baby!! So when a women dont do what they got to do then people quick to say she is not a good mom. Again y’all quick to judge.

Thank you for the strength (to advocate against the lynch mob) and compassion you bring to this World Layla.

No problem I have no problem speaking my mind especially what I have witnessed and been through. I have seen it all and still humble myself and not to become judge mental on other people situations.

I didnt go around putting my babies life at risk so we can survive… theres no way for me to justify that.

You on the other hand can justify anything as long as it benefits the baby and mom right?

Go sit down somewhere cause again n Lord knows I hate repeating myself, but again some people are less fortunate and will do what they have to do to survive. You think should want to put her baby in harms way hell for anything I commend her for being a strong woman cause there are some that would rather sit on their ass and wait for a hand out!! I guess that what people rather see her do huh smh. News flash the world is not built for us to sit on our ass n wait for a hand out!! Oh or would you rather she be on some government assistance? Oh that we also have to pay for!

I have a lot of strength and character. Just because I don’t condone people doing stupid things doesn’t mean that I am less of a person than those who make excuses for them. This is the reason why some of us get ahead in life and some stay in the same position, never moving forward.

We all have situations. We are all going through things. Stop using your situations as excuses to do things that are socially, financially, and morally idiotic.

When Uber deactivates this mother after she gets reported, I bet you’ll blame Uber and the person who reported her, and not the mother. No one takes any personal responsibility anymore.

They have government assistance for a reason. The govt has put aside a budget for people like this. Taxpayers pay for it, which means me and you. People like her should use it to get out of the desperate situation then stop using it when she comes up

Kudos to you sweetie! I never said it was right! I said she had to do what she had to do!!! If you seen her out there working trying to provide would you help her? I will wait on that! As people most of us don’t have the mentality to help one another they rather look down on people and speak nothing but negativity. Thats what is wrong with us now. It’s not just a situation anymore it’s life!

And do you want to continue to pay oh and wait Trump might take that away so again what would she do? Hmm she will get out there and do what she got to damn do n it could be even worst. I swear y’all need to stop :raised_hand:t3: n put yourself in her shoes.

If I saw her out there I would give her advice on what she was doing and suggest alternatives. So yes, that would be my way of helping her. There is so much to do in this city that enables you to bring your children, if you do your research.

I actually support helping her… in a different way.

Youre way of thinking reminds me of a child being told to do their homework. The child doesnt see what doing homework will help with in the long run but the parent of course knows that doing good in school and graduating will benefit the childs future. In tough situations, sometimes you have to bear thru that and stay in a tougher situation in order to get out of it better in the long run. Obviously parenting is not a short term temporary job, its a job she will be responsible for 18 years

You obviously cant see much further than your way of thinking. I understand the child needs money asap but if the child gets hurt or dies in the process of making that money, what good is the money then?