Has anyone found better rates than what Geico offered me today, and, if so, can you enlighten me as to what companies they are?

Are you a veteran? I just switched over to USAA earlier this month because my old insurance liberty does not offer rideshare insurance. My six month premium is between 40 and 45 dollars for both my car and minivan

I have liberty mutual in NY. They told me I am covered until I get the ping then not covered while driving to pick up passengers and while transporting them ,then I am covered after they are dropped off until I get the ping again.

I can’t drive anymore and my insurance dropped me because I was driving for Uber and I had an accident and Uber won’t cover it because I was not on the clock or online.

Insurance rates depend on
Type of vehicle
Age of vehicle
College degree
Associations you belong to

What can cost you 106 can cost another person 306 or more

I’m not buying the college degree thing. I have a few degrees and working on a third and my insurance carrier has never asked about my education.

It’s true, actually. Many insurance companies do rate on education level and occupation, because of stats. Doctors are statistically less likely to be in an accident. Lawyers are statistically more likely. Overall, those with higher degrees are less likely. By the way, your credit score is a great indicator for then as well.

State Farm I pay $11.00 per month. But it only covers when I am out and the app is on but I have no passengers. It is called gap insurance.

Uum I thought gap ins covers the extended cost of your car in the event it is totaled out and there is residual amount left on the loan

I just got off phone with my Geico rideshare and was told that in certain circumstances Lyft and uber may or may not pay for liability. Especially if it is an at fault accident. Rideshare companies are NOT insurance companies and only have secondary liability insurance. Therefore my commercial policy covers me for both active and inactive app usuage with or without pax in the vehicle. It is worth it to me for peace of mind plus a welcoming deduction at the end of year

Go on ur Uber app under insurance. U probably already have it. I do & never knew. They signed me up automatically after 2 months.

I’d like to know why my personal ins won’t cover me during Period 1? If I’m sitting at a traffic light & get hit they cover me. Is it just because I have signs that they won’t ? What if I leave my signs on all the time as most do? When I worked for Century 21 Real Estate I used to drive buyers around to show houses & had signs on my doors.

Statistically drivers get in some sort of auto accident every “so many” miles they drive. Insurance companies figure you are driving more re mileage, which raises their liability. What they don’t take into consideration is the number of claims you are saving them by driving their insured drunks around.

That’s odd, because I have Geico insurance and my monthly insurance decreased by $6 with the “Commercial Insurance”… Seems as if you didn’t talk to the right person…

Oh. Well I had just purchased a car, so maybe it didn’t seems high to me since I had to get full coverage on new car.

Also, to the rest of your statement- the reason why they might be cancelling other drivers policy is due to the fact that they’re using their vehicle for business use, instead of a private use… The commercial insurance offers better coverage and more pay out if you’re at fault in an accident.

Because when the app is on but you’re not going to or on a ride, you’re not covered by their insurance. They’re assuming, correctly, that their risk is going up significantly when you drive rideshare. Aren’t you glad you weren’t in an accident and find out that way you weren’t covered?

Geee I have personal auto insurance State Farm with TNC “ridershare coverage” deduction $100 / $50 (high premium the monthly)

Try Allstate. In RI, Allstate way cheaper than Geico, and they cover Periods 1, 2 and 3, AND cover Uber/Lyft deductible. Also , Uber/Lyft’s insurance is “excess insurance,” meaning they pick up where personal insurance leaves off. What Uber and Lyft do not tell you is that NO personal policy will EVER cover rideshare, which is a commercial (not personal) activity. More often than not, your personal insurance will dump you and leave Uber/Lyft to pay the whole thing. Uber/Lyft pay AFTER their deductibles are satisfied, $1,000/$2,500 respectively.

I started 4 years ago, and my Lyft deductible is $1,500. The amount is insignificant. What’s material is that with rideshare endorsement, those deductibles are covered.

Call allstate or state farm. They are the only two companies that provide rideshare insurance in-house. I have allstate and my insurance went up $6.