Has anyone found better rates than what Geico offered me today, and, if so, can you enlighten me as to what companies they are?

They are the only 2 companies that have it in-house. The others have to contract out for it, that’s why the others are so much more.

just use lyft/uber insurance why get more if you are already covered

Uber Lyft insurance is a secondary one and will not cover you 100%
It’s only operating as a form of liability and may not even cover that in at fault claims. Consult your agents

UBER/LYFT do not cover you for any loss to your vehicle while driving with your app on. You’re covered only for liability. You have NO coverage for any loss or damage to your vehicle. That has to covered by private insurance. Don’t be deceived.

Be careful with Geico i had them and I called to see how much ride share would be never told them I was driving just wanted to see how much it cost two weeks later I got a letter from them saying they are cancel my insurance

Gap insurance is an optional insurance coverage for newer cars that can be added to your collision insurance policy. It may pay the difference between the balance of a lease or loan due on a vehicle and what your insurancecompany pays if the car is considered a covered total loss. Rideshare insurance is still needed also

I have State Farm and was told no difference to add my endorsement. Just got the new policy in the mail, and still no change.

allstate no extra charge and covers the massave deductable that yyft and uber charge i only pay my smaller one i currenly have and that is 400

Called Allstate they don’t write for Florida. Just got mine tru State Farm $20 a month but had to change over to them from Geico.

It’s because you are more likely to get in an accident the more time you’re on the road and therefore cost them money. You’re high risk now.

Farmers in Michigan, saved over 600.00 with ride share insurance rider. Compared what I was paying with regular insurance. Two car discount.
The also call the periods 0, 1, 2, 3.
My understanding in Michigan, Farmers and Progressive are the only ones offering ride share insurance.

It is not wise to compare insurance companies by price. There are just too many variables. Driving record, value of vehicles, homeowners package deals, liability limits, other discounts, etc.

And people wonder how smart other people are…yet right before my eyes I see some dumbass driver post his SS#. For fucks sake, dude. Take it down. It’ll take u years to unravel the harm. It’s probably being used right now by a person crossing the border and getting a driver’s license. Plus that number is worth several hundred dollars to crooks. Jesus. Think. Think think.