Why not.fuck it don't I will make my black bothers look professional

Does it matter? What does who was or wasnt address have to do with being presentable? Be realistic most women are dressed and dont sag. Even if they were dressed in prison attire thats still no excuse for yourself

It matters because you nor anyone else can answer for him. All you can do is speculate as to what he meant. True its all speculation. Also it doesnt matter niggas need to get they shit together. You can clearly tell she ain’t woke NONE!!! You can let them two step fa massa they might say they like you…Issa lie!!

If a white man can pick me up looking like he just got out of bed smelling like smoke and see no qualms w that, black men can dress however the hell they want too.

White people shouldnt be picking anyone up looking or smelling a mess. Neither should black drivers or Greek drivers. If they are & it bothers you tell them & or give them a low rating. :nerd_face:

You have no idea how many ass cracks I see at the airport. Men drivers that shit is not sexy. Ladies comb ya damn hair or wear a hat not a bonnet.

It’s not about dressing up for your passengers but dressing up and going beyond the rest for you. It’s based on how serious you feel about what you are doing and where you are going. When I was a cashier at Sears I wore a suit and people laughed then but I did it for me, not them. It’s how I saw myself. Then I went on an interview for a simple part time Teller position, but my hiring branch manager told me she saw me as a Banker and hired me as a full time Banker with only having experience as a part time cashier in the hardware department of Sears. I went from an hourly wage of $7.25 to a salaried $40k+ commission and full health benefits when all I did was apply to be a part time teller because God first and because someone saw me as I saw myself. Meanwhile 10 years later, some of those same co-workers who were laughing are still punching the clock ringing up clothes and toys.

My fiance who is an Uber driver recently got hired with a doctor’s office because she just so happen to pick up the HR director at Resurgens Orthopaedic…who fell in love with her personality and yes, her professional presentation.

No, you don’t have to dress up. It’s your choice. No one can make you choose to do anything. Do whatever you want out of life.

I was offered any job I wanted by the CEO of State Farm. I picked him up in my weightlifting gear. He was more impressed with my degrees and intellect than what I chose to don on my body.

It is about your self worth. Some just feel better dressed up and they are assumed to be more. No disrespect to anyone but I’ve seen first hand how this one dude wore a suit everyday. When he wanted to leave, the VP himself asked him to stay with an increase in pay.

I would say this…as an Image Consultant, I found with my clients that when they dressed better, they felt better and therefore presented themselves better. The energy you give is always coming back to you. Some people need to dress to give off a better energy.

that’s awesome! You still presented yourself in a professional manner and also you did something based on what you want out of life by getting degrees. In the same way, I didn’t need not even 1 degree nor experience for a positioned that required both. But I’m not going to knock getting or having degrees because that is another way that you can better yourself. What I believe the purpose of his post is to better yourself however that may look like. If it’s dressing that part which I endorse for many reasons then do that. If it’s getting degrees then do that. Some may not have the means to get degrees but they can afford to buy a nice button up shirt and dress the part.

It’s not the fact that he said “Dudes” should dress up or men in general should try dressing up! It’s the fact that he said “Black Dudes” implying that only “Black” Men lack the knowledge to put on decent clothes. I don’t know about y’all but I see fly Brothers around Atlanta all the time. Black Men know how to dress as well!

Okay. I can agree with that point. That is valid, I want us to do well as a people too. I guess I don’t agree with the way he said it. There are a lot of men who could do better with their presentation and presenting theirselves.

One of the things I am big on, is people being able to express themselves and not have to suppress their self to the corporate standards. If you feel like you want to wear jeans and a t-shirt and Tennis Shoes there should be no issues with that. Dress what makes you feel best in the morning when you look in the mirror

Your energy will present itself to people no matter what your attire is at the end of the day. Were you you pleasant, were you kind, did I reach my destination safely, did you stop at red lights, did you stink!?!

This feels like dress coding and tone policing. What’s wrong with being unapologetically genuine?
Its not about your clothes. It’s about your self-worth, and the energy you put off.

Well if u try n opt out of pool one of the generic emails they send out they say some bs about the ATL manager but that’s about it

Why not dress nice have your hair done smell fresh and clean. You never know who you may pick up or what opportunity you may have to further your $$. Suit and ties business suit lol that’s going to far but I do understand this post. Sometimes u r first judged by appearance not your convo.

Its as if he is saying black men in particular which is racist. I’ve seen more than my share of White, Indian and Asian butt cracks at the airport too. Just Saying
Im sick of all the black male persecution, especially by the black male

Its only racist if it involve hated towards. What your thinking of is a stereotype. A very prevailent stereotyoe, more or less. Unless you sag then his message isnt directed towards you

He did not say anything about sagging.
There are plenty if wimen responding to this post although he said black men. Its a post abd I can reply as I feel just as you. You aim at the bkack man you aim at me.
Oh and I said what I meant. You and I may have different meanings.