Why not.fuck it don't I will make my black bothers look professional

To my uber family.yall need to build a bond with the people yall pick up .just try it out. And to all the black guys yall should dress up.real talk and see what u will get at the end of the day
I’ve seen alot of drivers, PERIOD, that need to reevaluate their attire when they go out to drive and deliver. Nobody wants to see you in pajamas, head scarves or clothes that you look like you just came from hooping or the gym.

First you sound like a fucking fool. Dress up??? Black men??? Incur a dry cleaning expence and hope we make enough as an uber to get my clothes out. If imma dress up i am going to be driving a limo. Dressing up not going to get u extra tips.

Bloop. I don’t dress up but I do wear a standard branded tee or polo but it ain’t ubers… I like uniform cause I don’t have to think about what I’m wearing to work.

This post insinuates that to gain ppls acceptance, we need to try harder bc we’re black. Check your respectability politics bro. Even in a suit and tie you still just a n**** that can dress.

What he is saying is that we don’t want to come off as too black. But all the Beckys, Pipers, and Kashs can dress in their bunny slippers and pajamas and that’s perfectly fine.

Be clean, comfortable, and presentable. That’s all that matters.

Yes white folks get to dress how they want and it’s cool. And we can too. The sooner we stop apologizing for our blackness and trying to alleviate white ppls feelings the sooner we can learn to love and accept ourselves. Everyone should dress suitably, not just black folks.

I’ve seen alot of drivers, PERIOD, that need to reevaluate their attire when they go out to drive and deliver. Nobody wants to see you in pajamas, head scarves or clothes that you look like you just came from hooping or the gym.

Saw a driver the other day with her hair wrapped up and no it wasn’t the type that you wear out. It was a dang bonnet.

They gone get these gray sweat pants a t-shirt a fitted hat! My car is clean and my personality works fine for me! U got me effed up if u think I’m about to wear a shirt n tie… not on x! Select different story they might get a collard shirt!

At least your car is clean. I’ve literally seen guys with sweats on that look like they just played ball and their car is dirty. You see alot at RAA or in a crowded pick up area.

I’ll do polo and jeans and boots… Weekends or special occasion a button down with no tie or a mock turtle with a blazer… Suit and tie only if I’m booked for a personal event

Que hat stays on… Good conversation piece… You’ll be surprised of the Becky’s that gor down with the ques at these PWIs…lol

Where in his message did he mention appeasing white people? If you’re offended, it’s because you chose to be. No one said wear a suit & tie. Just be presentable. You never know who you’ll meet.

People of color are not the ones judging. There’s a subliminal meaning/intention behind this message. Are u woke? I’ll wait.

Did I type the messages you read? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah so while I am pro-black it doesn’t mean I am anti anything else. I don’t look :eyes: for undertones because we know what assumptions do. But again, I’m speaking on the words I saw not words I didn’t see.

Yeah, black guys, make sure you aren’t sagging or talking any slang. Your culture offends people so you need to tighten up.

You just proved my point. So if you don’t believe sagging is associate w black culture then why did you like Sterling’s comment about making sure black men aren’t sagging??? Have a nice day girl.

But your comment is in reference to a post that did. If the post said “white guys” you wouldn’t of said anything about sagging. Y’all don’t understand some of the things we say when talking about ourselves -even if we’ll-intentioned- can be self-dehumanizing and sell-destructive. It’s so ingrained into our brains that we’re lesser than and therefore need to do extra.

If his post made you feel dehumanized then you need to make some changes in your own life too not feel that way.

My point was very well made. You are choosing to read more into it. You can dress however you want. Duh! You feeling lesser about yourself is your problem but to project that this post is any way insinuating that we are lesser as a people just because it was suggested to basically do better is ridiculous. Like someone else said, do your hair, pull up your pants & present your best self. It’s that simple.