Were any of you seasoned drivers nervous before your first ride or am I just losing my marbles?

I’ve been thinking about becoming an uber driver for months now but my nerves kept getting the best of me. I finally decided to woman up last week and my vehicle inspection finally got approved today and I’ve been trying to muster up the courage to open the app for at least the last hour lol.

I’m not a seasoned driver. But I was super scared my first time. But after the first ride it was easy.

Yeah my first was tranny yelling on the phone…talking about some other guy’s penis. I stayed quiet. But i couldnt hold it in so I started laughing and kicked the tranny out.

Oh man! I think that would help ease the nerves though!

Drive in a familiar area and give your first ride during the day time. Get really familiar with the hotels and bars around your area. Buy a dash cam, it’s better to have one and not need it.

Oh you will be fine. It’s just the first one that’s nerve racking. You got this girl

I have been driving for over 18 years. You will never know until you try. If I can do it, you sure as hell can. GO FOR IT !!!

Give your first ride to a friend. Have them ping you on the app so you go through the whole process.

Made a huge difference for me. My husband was my first passenger

You are losing your marbles if you’re a female and considering working for Uber

Someone’s a little defensive is dangerous for anybody to drive Uber at night particularly women’s unless of course you have a gun and that is a silly statement women can do anything men can do why are there no female pro football players among many other things silly women

Yes but once you do it it’s fine r there days you just get nervous again just breath and remember you will be paid at the end

Yes! Nervous. But go for it! You’ll be fine.

I’m not seasoned as I just started last weekend but I felt the SAME way. The whole first night I was nervous but just 7 rides later it’s fine! Not nerve wracking at all. I get it though.

I was nervous at first because I really didn’t have any idea what I was doing, I did question safety, I didn’t know what I could say yes and no to. You will get the hang of it :wink: also I kept a knife under my leg for the first few months of made me feel better. You’re not supposed to but my safety means more to me than rules.

Heck yes! For a few weeks; use Uber. Apps. They are just fine. Do not complicate your life or attention switching. Drive from areas you know.

There is always A First Day for any thing in Life!!! You are just being cautious and it is OK :relieved:. You will have A Great time… Enjoy

Prepare yourself for your first bad review. It will happen. Some Pax always looking for a free ride by complaining to uber. Don’t take it to heart and keep going.

Yes I was nervous too. The first time I drove I rejected my first ping because I was nervous. Lol. But after that I was fine. Once you do it a couple of times, you’ll be fine. I carry my pepper spray with me at all times.

Just take the first trip. Make yourself do it. Don’t let your brain talk you out of it.

This isn’t for everyone but best of luck and may the pings be always in your favor