Unhappy about the way Uber pays or treats you, why do you stay?

This is an honest question, not trying to troll anyone. If people are so unhappy about the way Uber pays or treats you, why do you stay? Again this is an honest question. I see so many post from unhappy drivers.

For some it is because it is easier to stay and complain than it is to move on. :slightly_smiling_face:

Uber is that horrible gf/bf all your friends get tired of hearing you complain about and yet you don’t leave. Lol

I agree…some are just whiners and have nothing better to do than complain. Or maybe they’re trying to discourage all the newly activated drivers so they can keep the rides for themselves

Because deep down inside they can’t stand the fact that they did not think of the ride sharing concept themselves but think they could do a better job in running the company!

It’s simply that it beats any of their other opportunities . . . Sadly

my area sucks, but I knew that when I started, average 40 bucks a day. Only do it on my days off from real job. So not complaining. No one is paying all their bills working ride sharing, maybe 15 hours a day will. People need to know what they are getting in to instead of complaining

No it is because uber lies to get drivers. Like saying "mak e $1500.00 a week (Or some other unattainable amount) and also they find out uber doesn’t care at all about their drivers. That is why all complain. That is why 60% quit in less than a year. Then new drivers start, find out the truth, start complaining and then quit. And it starts again and again. Because their only marketable skill is driving

Love doing it, except for the hardcore wear and tear on my car that’s always in the back of my mind…

Might catch me ranting a little here and there on a slow day, but overall it’s been one of my fav jobs ever.

I think because we need the little money we get. I work a regular job but even then I need more money. Everything is so expensive and inflation keeps going but our cost of living raises aren’t keeping up.
Having a regular full time job takes up a lot of time and having the flexibility to drive when I have time and not have a set schedule on a side job it’s valuable. Doesn’t take away from the fact that sometimes I barely make 15 hr. Which would be fine if I didn’t have to also put money in for gas and car washes and depreciation.
Sure u could just have your own business but typically for that you need money to invest

New(er) drivers will never understand because of the way it used to be vs the way it is now. Plus, those who make noise are the ones who get the ball rolling to change things from the status quo and it’s usually to make things better.

Don’t ask why they complain and stay. Ask what makes them complain to begin with. Depreciation is not an expense it is simply a tax benefit

New(er) drivers will never understand because of the way it used to be vs the way it is now. Plus, those who make noise are the ones who get the ball rolling to change things from the status quo and it’s usually to make things better.

Don’t ask why they complain and stay. Ask what makes them complain to begin with.

I do it because I like meeting new people the conversation is always interesting because it’s new. I can help keep more people safe from driving intoxicated. The wear and tear and depreciation I’m not to concerned with it’s gonna happen regardless yeah this speeds it up but I’m fine with that I knew it signing up. My regular job covers the cost of things.

Why I think people are upset (this is my opinion) is because they can’t find a job that pays the amount of money they want to live the lifestyle they want. Some people don’t have the trained skills to obtain that amount. Doing this they thought could reach that amount and were sadly mistaken when in most markets just isn’t possible.

The Uber System certainly has some flaws that people like to complain about. There are thousands of drivers, all with different levels of education, different life experiences, and different levels of tolerance for corporate bullshit. So you end up with a certain number of people who complain inappropriately about things they don’t fully understand. My major complaint about Uber is their lack of transparency and honest communication about issues that are important to drivers. It creates a level of mistrust which results in anger, frustration, and ongoing complaining. Also, this group provides an outlet for drivers to say what is on their mind, within reason.
In most cases, people just need an outlet to express them selves. They don’t necessarily want to stop driving.

I actually enjoy it. I’m a stay at home dad so it’s flexible and let’s me get out of the house a few nights a week (20 hours max), make some extra cash towards the household finances, and talk to lots of interesting people that are over 4’ tall. I’m definitely not doing it to get rich or even as a full time job, so perhaps that’s why I look at it differently.

Most of you don’t know how good it was 4 years ago when the rates were almost $2 per mile on X. Uber and Lyft cut the rates drastically because of their competition. And they were all unnecessary rate cuts pax didn’t care… all of you would complain too if you had started driving 3 plus years ago

Beginning of 2014. It was $2.20/mile before that when X was launched. Uber lowered it to $1.60/mile when Lyft announced they would launch in Detroit. This will give you an idea of why there are complaints.

since I started doing uber prices dropped 5 times asking us drivers to acept the new fares or whe couldn’t use the app and after that prices droppen like 3 more times but this timws without asking us :neutral_face::neutral_face: but even with all that I can still make money doing uber and I don’t have a crazy life style I guess that counts too.

The Eagles said it best, you can check out anytime you’d like but you can never leave. This time without asking? They haven’t dropped prices without informing ever

3 Years with uber I am loyal but still watching lyft instaryde and other ride sharing closely . Complaints are sometimes heard. Tip option for instance.