Uber should quit wasting drivers time

Why do they allow requests that are destined for schools if we aren’t supposed to transport kids? Quit wasting my freaking time!!! There needs to be a notice on the riders app that tells them when riders request rides at grade school to high school levels.

Which of you has a pre pickup greeting letting your pax know that you won’t be transporting any unaccompanied children and how often do they go ahead and cancel before you arrive instead of pleading their case? If I have to hear “I do it all the time” one more time :exploding_head:

This is what I have:
Hello, this is your Uber driver Chris. This is my disclaimer txt. If you are under 18 and not accompanied by an adult I will not be able to accomodate your need for a ride as this violates Uber’s Terms of Service. Also, if you have a child that needs a car/booster seat, you are responsible to provide one in order to comply with state law and for the safety of your child! The maximum amount of passengers I can carry is four. If any of this applies to you please cancel the ride. Thanks in advance for your understanding I will see you soon!! Enjoy the ride!! I also have one for Lyft:
Hello, this is your Lyft driver Chris. This is my disclaimer txt. If you are under 18 and not accompanied by an adult I will not be able to accomodate your need for a ride as this violates Lyft’s Terms of Service. Also, if you have a child that needs a car/booster seat, you are responsible to provide one in order to comply with state law and for the safety of your child! The maximum amount of passengers I can carry is four. If any of this applies to you please cancel the ride. Thanks in advance for your understanding I will see you soon!! Enjoy the ride!!

Yeah I don’t know how to send a text either through Lyft. Uber has the text option but I haven’t been able to find that option on Lyft.

If you call a passenger or they call you or text you it is usually one general number. Save the number to your phone. I saved mine as Lyft Passenger.

Are you referring to my disclaimer text or just any text in general? Most times the ones that don’t respond are the drunk pax.

This girl seriously called me and threatened “I’ll be reporting you to Lyft, you should have just picked me up and taken me to school. My age is none of your business!”

Look at what you did… You prevented a youth from getting to school and im sure you could have done the job safely and then gone about your day, but you chose to be a bitch and not take her to school… Kids already don’t wanna go to school and then there’s this… Shame.

ok so say she picks the “minor” up and is driving her to school, driving careful and safe but here comes a high school kids driving to school maybe texting and runs into the Uber driver who’s driving the “minor” that’s why you DON’T drive them

I’m always paying attention to what’s around me and drivers that aren’t paying attention, but I am certainly not a typical driver. I’m definitely taking the kid to school and not crying about it. You probably like the president smh.

Nah, I just grew up black. I’m not surprised you’re such a hard nose and wouldn’t take the kid to school. You probably saw her name was black and hated it even more. I’m un subscribing from this, anyone who says they like the president today is a racist and has their head in the sand. I will not be looking at your replies.
PS, 100% of my conversations with passengers from out of town pertaining to politics are how much he sucks, and is an international embarrassment when I pick them up from the airport.

Wow the general rule is no minors unless you have a suspicion that they are under the age 18 you can ask for ID but they can refuse to show you that I D. I think it’s ridiculous that we cannot take children to school. I will take kids to school all day everyday, take them to football practice 2. I even have my car to car seats in my car for children ages four and older because as a single mother I know how it is to not be able to get a car seat or to try to take public transportation lugging around a big car seat while you’re trying to conduct business. I’d rather have to eat some cost if an accident was indeed my fault but as long as I am following all applicable local laws insurance will cover.

when the local news begins to expose drivers, Uber and lyft will deactivate you in a heartbeat to protect themselves. If you get in an accident and the child’s family sues you, you will take that lawsuit ON YOUR OWN. No thanks.

There’s an app to record phone calls, just make sure you tell them ahead of time ur recording them and send the treat to Lyft/Uber

If they can pass for 18 just do the ride…quit getting your panties in a bunch

Cuz it could be an adult with a child, a teacher or maybe it’s an adult near that area so they just put the ping on the school. Could be many things.

I’ve been wondering what’s the reasoning behind this rule of no minors? I can understand like 10 year olds but at 16 you can drive yourself. I’ve just really never researched why it’s a thing.

Because Uber & Lyft don’t want to be sued because the riders parents are upset because their Child came home and said the driver “touched” them. Then the driver & Uber/Lyft, have to prove they didn’t do it.

In some states, mine ¶, it is illegal to volunteer with or work with children without the proper backgroynd checks…including an FBI fingerprint background check. I believe they are also non-transferable. My sister works with some volunteer coaches who’s regular jobs (police, teachers) require these clearances and they had to get them again specifically for the volunteer work. Seems like it’s taken pretty seriously…here at least. As of now, I don’t personally know anyone who has violated this law and gotten caught. All I can do is make sure that person isn’t me.

I’m sure when the autonomous cars hit the road. Minors will be allowed Insurance companies will approve cause a robot will be driving. Mark my words