Uber should quit wasting drivers time

Legally, a minor is a minor, no matter what or who is driving. I Wonder if it will card them? :thinking:

I use to get requests from a elementary school and it was a nurse that would order it. She worked at multiple schools so she would order a ride. They were covered by the system.

Well I work at a school and there have been times that I used lyft to get home. So this would be really shitty if they implemented something like this

Something like what? Picking up adults at schools is not now or ever been a problem … it’s picking up minors that causes a problem. You’re an adult … not problem getting picked up

But if lyft blocked schools as a pick up or drop off location. That’s what would be shitty

Got to a pickup location today, a townhouse, where a 12yo was waiting for a ride to school alone. Nope. Contacted Uber and got a $5 fee for the trouble. What are parents thinking by allowing this.

As a parent let me tell you what I’m thinking… I can track my child once picked up and know that they arrived to their destination, more than likely without incident. Especially when you consider, in my area how unreliable the public transportation system is and how I can’t really track my child. Then there’s the fact that I’m a single parent that had to go into work early and/or stay late because someone didn’t come in for their shift or I needed to work on something that my boss decided he needed by 8 am and I’m not scheduled to be to work until 9.

Ummm they can toss the phone, but I’m still tracking the driver car. I still have first name, car make and model and license plate number. Which is a hell of a lot more than what I would get if my child was on Public Transportation where everyone tries to mind their own business.

I know, I’m a driver as well. Again MOST drivers aren’t dirty creeps, they are trying to feed their families. To ask why parents do this, let’s me know that this person cannot possibly be a parent. Parents do what they have to do. I order the ride on my phone. I call and/or text my children (they never ride alone, unless I personally know the driver) and they call upon reaching their destination. If time permits I talk to them the whole time they are in the car.

I agree. Doing it that way is being reasonable and responsible. I do agree that most drivers are just like me and you. We just need to work and pay our bills.
I hope things work out for you. It’s hard to do it all.
This issue needs to be addressed with Uber/Lyft to figure out a way to take care of those who need this done.

As a full time teacher and part time Lyft driver I have used lyft to get to school when car was in the shop.

Wow…a dude calls a stranger a B on here, gets likes, and it’s no big deal. I see how things work on here…interesting.

Teachers need rides too & some parents actually ride w/ their kids.

I think the better question is why doesn’t Uber do anything to verify rider age & identity?!

I’ve been doing this so long that I know the school addresses and just cancel their asses and report them…for what little that does

Who said you arent allowed to transport kids or to enter school zones? Are you a registered sex offender?

Lol could be a teacher besides I call while I’m on my way if I know it’s a school. I tell them if they are under 18 no ride they always cancel and I get a fee