Uber Driver Shoots Man Threatening to Shoot Him (Video)

Being an Uber driver is a dangerous job, especially when driving at night time. We’re letting strangers in our cars without knowing their intentions or motives, but that’s not where the danger stops. We still have to deal with drivers on the road and once in a while, we have to deal with someone with a case of road rage. In this case, road rage turned fatal, luckily though, Uber driver was not the victim.

Video :arrow_down_small:

Where does Uber stand on guns: https://test.ridesharingforum.com/t/uber-and-the-2nd-amendment/692

The shooting took place in Winter Haven, Florida around 2:20 a.m. last Tuesday. Uber driver, Robert Westlake, was minding his own business when pickup truck driver by Jason Boek started following him closely and then pulled in front of him and stopped.

Jason Boek gets out of the car immediately and starts walking towards the Uber driver, Robert Westlake.

Uber driver, Westlake says, “I say something?”

Boek responds, “You know I got a pistol? You want me to f**king shoot you?”

Boom Uber driver shoots Boek.

You can hear the female rider saying, “Oh my god.”

Then Uber driver Westlake repeats, “Oh my god.”

Westlake called 911 later and told them, “He ran me off road, jumped out of his vehicle. I couldn’t get away. He came towards me, shouted he’s got a pistol, reached for his waistband.” The 911 call was released by Winter Haven police department.

"This is a justifiable homicide all day long. You have the right to protect yourself. This is a classic ‘Stand Your Ground’ case. This was the intent of the law.” Sheriff Judd told the reporters during the press conference.

“Here’s a message for the hotheads of the community: Don’t do that stuff. Good people carry guns and they will shoot you. A lot. Graveyard dead.” Sherrif Judd warning and advice to hotheads still alive. :smirk:

Uber sent a generic statement that said: “We are saddened by this unfortunate incident and will continue to work with police on their investigation.”

Uber does not allow drivers and passengers from carrying firearms while using the Uber app “to the extent permitted by local law,” according to CNN. It is not clear whether the Uber driver is still active on Uber’s platform.

Case in point, we are not employees of uber we are sub contractors, the vehicles we drive in most cases are our own vehicles, uber’s policy says we cannot carry a legal weapon, constitution states otherwise, my vehicle, my insurance, my life, ill follow constitutional law, uber’s policy is trumped by the second amendment and my right to protect my life, family and property. This driver was within all of his rights and exercised them accordingly, uber has a problem with it thats on them.