Uber Driver App, Customer service and Rider Complaints

I wouldn’t buy any Uber stock either. I don’t think there’s been a quarter or year where Uber has shown a profit. I can’t see paying drivers more money as a path to profitability.

I am an Uber driver. I would love to make more money. That’s why I do this part time. I see this as a good gig in to retirement for extra cash, but beyond that I wouldn’t do it full time. The same way I wouldn’t work for min wage full time.

I do this for a side job also. I am 59 so hopefully can do it as well for a retirement job. Doesnt pay to stay out late on weekends being there is no surge pricing any more. I quit uber eats… I went across town to pick up at a restraunt. Says $9 minimum. So i took it and someone picked it up an hour ago. Found out later 9 drivers came to pick it up at different times. Uber wouldnt pay me for picking it up. Nothing was mentioned on the app about the trip. It didnt take on my dashboard when i clicked on the app someone picked it up. So i stopped doing uber eats.

I am 60, so retirement isn’t too far off. I don’t do Uber eats because people choose restaurants where there’s very few places to park.

I drive for Lyft. They’ll give me pick ups that are 20 minutes away which I decline those because Lyft does not pay a long pick up fee to the drivers. Lyft doesn’t have a problem to have me drive 20 minutes to get the min $3.00 fare. Screw that. They don’t have any issues paying .135/ minute to wait while the passenger picks up groceries. That is $8.10/ hour … below min wage in Ohio. Screw that.

Uber doesn’t do surge pricing in your area? They still do it in Columbus Ohio. Except for concerts, I haven’t seen it since Ohio State let of for the school year. I expect it will return when the kids return to school in August. The people who are most able to walk (20 year olds) are the ones using Uber the most. I have taken fare literally 2 blocks … less that 1 minute of actual drive time, in perfectly safe neighborhoods. But, if they are willing to pay that, than so be it.

I don’t like working the OSU area because no one puts house numbers on the outside of the homes, passengers are NEVER outside waiting to be picked up, the streets are narrow and people drive like shit. They scream at each other in the car to show they are excited, and can be obnoxious when drunk.

Sorry about the long reply

I drive a Nissan Sentra that allows me a nice mileage per gallon. It s an X car for Uber and lyft but I still make my money because I work only the busy times instead of working all the time and focus on customer service to get tips. I m pretty sure an XL car will make you more money in your market, but you need to think about the loss of money due to depreciation of the value of the car that I believe will be more expensive, and the effort to deal with multiple drunk customers in your car at the same time instead of one or two.

When it comes to gas don’t worry, you will be spending a lot of money no matter what kind of vehicle you drive for work. I personally use the GetUpside app that gives me up to 35 cents a gallon cash back. It’s free and all you have to do is install it in your phone thru the App Store. It’s free and I believe it’s a must have for every ride share driver.

Use my promo code PJ5B3 to get an extra 20 cents a gallon on your first purchase.

Good luck in your ride share job, I’m sure you will make money, don’t let anyone discourage you.

Im new here. How do we post?

Thats bullshit, if the rider cancels weather or not the driver waited 5 minutes or not should still get paid, uber will say and do anything not to pay the drivers.

This is my very problem and mistrust of UBER app here in San Diego county. It keeps happening over and over. UBER sends me out of surge area 5-10 miles for average rides while I am in surge zone. Then as you say, my acceptance rate goes down the tubes for not taking these average rides. As UBER wants this to be a GIG platform, yet controls us like employees through this negative consequence for not accepting less rides. Here in Calif. we vote on this soon. How might I bring this to UBERS attention without harming the GIG platforms?