Tlc drivers should be getting any type of nj boosts or strings

bruh read what I said to Thomas. Lyft only lets TLC drivers do rides in NJ freely… Uber x and XL TLC drivers only get nyc calls in jersey Uber Black is free to go anywhere. Also Uber implemented this system towards the fall

It’s funny, my cousin lives in Brooklyn he was down Fri night and was out Ubering down the shore, getting plenty of calls

Bottom line is NJ plates cannot pick up in NY, NY plates should not pick up in NJ I don’t care who’s driving it or how it’s registered or insured

You all can thank your friendly state legislators for out of state drivers working ride share in N.J. The NJ ride share law permits any out of state driver to work ride share in N.J. as long as their vehicles do not display any type of “for hire” plates.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/business/tncfaq.pdf

Let’s get a petition going to change this law they are coming into our state and taking away the little money to be made out there

The problem is that it was most likely the ride share companies themselves that requested this be built into the law. Follow the money.

No reason for nj drivers to do that ny made the stupid rule stay in ny nj drivers should start paying cops to ticket all you assholes

So I’m sitting at Watts and Varrick last night around midnight and what do I see next to me? An empty TLC about to enter the tunnel. Hmmmm for what purpose?

Yea so what? I do it all the time. I live in NJ, I can’t deal with the midday traffic in NYC so I got back home with the app on and cross the tunnel.

You fight for NY drivers in NJ, and now you want to ban us in Facebook too?? Stop crybaby…!!

Do it but that won’t solve your immaturity problems :blush:
Fight against Lyft and Uber no with NY drivers, we are only working same as you… :v:t3:

I’m just calling what I see in every post and reply, I think 99% TLC drivers told you about we don’t like work in NJ and the reasons why you see NY drivers there, but you keep talking about your hate like a child… The problem is not NY drivers, the problem is the system where we all work

99% of tlc drivers said they don’t like to work in NJ? More like 3 or 4 of you who feel the need to defend yourselves

Lol… I don’t have that needs, but sometimes is good set some things clear… specially if I have some friends there, your hate can make disappear my car if I go there only for fun :joy::joy::joy:

The bottom line is that N.J. motor vehicle law prohibits anyone from operating in NJ as a ride share driver if they drive a vehicle with “for hire plates “ such as TLC plates. Uber and Lyft are well aware of who drives for them and the plates on their vehicles. The law holds these companies responsible for compliance with the ride share law. Pressure must be put on N.J. MVC to force these companies into compliance and cut off any TLC from picking up in NJ.

Where did you read this? Source? What happens if I have TLC plates and live in NJ. Does that mean i can’t go home?

Write to legislators, NJ MVC, Lyft and Uber and demand that they enforce NJSA 39:5h-1 on the grounds that ignoring it puts NJ ride share drivers at a disadvantage. Ultimately a class action law suit will be the answer.

You really think we TLC drivers are so desperate to work in NJ, lmao. Plz the rates are way worse. I only pick people up in NJ to take them to NYC, I don’t do point to point trips. Not worth the money.

you are saying that riders from NY are massing in Summit NJ at 4 am (that’s over a 1 hr drive in order to make a couple of extra dollars…In all probability they are driving people to the train station…god bless them…

They’re trying to get an airport ride so they can get rematched once they drop off. That’s all these scummy tlcs do. Short trips in and out of ewr with hopes of getting rematched so they dont have to pause driving for pennies