Tindering While Driving: Uber Driver caught by the Passenger

An Uber passenger in the UK was surprised when her driver decided to date online while driving. She exclaimed, "He was swiping left instead of turning left!"

What makes this ride news worthy is the video she took of the driver as she rode with him during the London rush hour.

24-year-old Chelsea Rand from Surrey told the media that the 15 minute ordeal left her in fear of her life as the driver was totally distracted during the whole ride.

An Uber driver was filmed driving through the busy streets of London during rush hour while swiping through dating profiles on his phone on Thursday

Chelsea Rand, a clinic worker, contacted Uber about the incident and was refunded her £11 fare but claims that this is not enough compensation for her "ordeal." She sent Uber the evidence, and they told the press that "This is totally unacceptable behavior and we are urgently investigating. It is our policy to prevent licensed private hire drivers from using our app while we investigate serious incidents."

Rand told the press that she requested an Uber to take her on Thursday night and noticed the driver was preoccupied with his app and not the road. She started to film him immediately. When she noticed what he was doing.

Rand told the press that "I thought it was nuts. I thought it was absolutely shocking behavior and had to film it. My Uber driver was swiping left instead of turning left! He missed a turn to the place I was headed to, and he was actually clicking into Tinder profiles and starting conversations. Rather than delivering me safely to my friend's birthday, he was arranging dates while driving through rush hour in London, where it was extremely busy."

In the video that Rand recorded, you can see the driver checking his profile online and scrolling through messages.

Rand added that "At the end of my journey I'm sure he knew I was filming and attempted to hide the phone by moving the angle of his body on the driver's seat."

Rand captions some of the video snippets with: "Is he serious?"

As the driver continues to message back, and incredulous Rand writes over the video "Tindering while driving me!?"

All during the ride, the driver was busy with the app, swiping through profiles and reading up messages. Rather than looking at the road and following the route, he was busy messaging the women he was being matched with.

Rand immediately contacts Uber, and they respond by saying that they would "be taking the necessary next steps with the driver." The Uber representative went on to add that "putting a value on an unexpected experience is very difficult, we would never want to put a monetary value on an incident like this for risk of degrading its gravity and importance."

OMG she is so beautiful, she looks like an actress model. If I were the driver I would be more interested in dating her than in Tindering!