Really bad experience last night

So sorry no matter what we need to feel safe.
I saw someone say take a few days off!

I have to at times just not go out there we need to be “mentally” well to take all the stressors of driving!

It’s just not PAX’s it’s the crazy reckless drivers that we must maneuver around!
Running red lights, maneuvering in and out of traffic especially near the bars avoiding other Rideshare drivers. At LAX and JWA to avoid drivers who weave in & out & park in the Rideshare space.

The most disturbing move was the I call the California passing.

On the right side far lane speeding past us in the lane. It is dangerous and reckless.

Especially at night on the freeway

But what most impacts me is “trying” to be so kind helpful and go beyond to give great safe rides.

And then some faceless mean person criticize me especially personally (WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEFINITION OF PROFESSIONAL I LOOKED UP IT SAYS SOMEONE WHO IS TRAINED?
What traning? It’s just being nice to mean miserable :weary:entitled people. And guess what?

My Thearpist says that individuals like them are so miserable :sob: and they take it out on anyone close at hand.

You can’t do anything to effect a hateful pained individual.

We have no measure of our abilities not some arbitrary uneducated mean “drunk” or impaired not trained to judge :woman_judge:us!

How is it that a young person 21 ish that has yet to drive a car have no drivers license and they can judge and rate me when they have never driven.

And because they think they have seen it on the internet they are qualified to tell me what to do.

It’s like someone said to me yesterday, about the guy who stole the airplane. She said the internet simulations are much better and they could learn how to fly?

WHAT?

I was a licensed pilot so a video can teach you how to land in 20 knot cross winds. Oh let’s talk about taxiing on the runway a plane needs to have the props fanning not too much torque taxiing on a runway not too fast maneuvering through aircraft ground traffic getting onto the runway and taking off you just don’t aim the plane you have to increase airspeed and then gently lift off being careful not to stall the plane, climb into the air and get to a cruising altitude.
Then reverse that process gently descend hold airspeed 80 knots yet stay airborne enter the approach for landing line up on the clear runway, then gently approach keeping the airspeed at 80 knots if you reduce that speed you may fall out of the sky and crash. Then finally and gently approach runway and slow plane to land and apply the aircraft breaks and to judge you rate approaching the runway being careful not to over shoot the runway because you will need to go around meaning you will need to become airborne get clearance to land again but need to get back in line (airborne) at 80 knots holding in a pattern until you are cleared to land if you land successfully then the taxiing through a runway that maybe wet, bumpy, has some pot holes or is not completely paved in the area to ‘park’ the plane.All this time on the ground you will be listening and communicating with the air traffic controller. Needing to know the language of flying letters have specific names ( military alpha bet ) Also need to know directions and instructions. Not right left North South East West and really know which is which!

My point just because you know something about driving does not know how to actually drive and do it safely.

All of the distractions I mentioned are present in driving for hire. Not to mentioned distractions by riders. Reading a navigation map’s also use personal knowledge about driving the area make sure that we can actually make a u-turn can go the right direction of a one-way street. Not following the navigation voice. And just using common sense and where to pull over and arrive safely.

I usually drive with my front seat as far to the front as possible and the back part leaning forward all the way. Ppl usually see this and go straight to the back seats.

Don’t be afraid to pull over in a well lighted area a gas station :fuelpump: is best. I would have loved that you’ve dropped them off aways from home it would have sobered him & her and once you get cancelled from Uber they will not send another car! So Lyft or walk home. And if she was throwing up no one will pick her up! He got away with this time.

Their whole ride would have ended at the 1st “This is not rocket science you idiot.” You should never be made to feel uncomfortable in your own car. This is your business you are in control, remember always.

Wow that’s terrible. Perhaps take a few days off from driving for a while. Or just during the day and don’t pick up from bars or if they look intoxicated don’t even let them in the car.

Call 911 have him arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct sue him for emotional distress. Laugh at the moment this happened when you get restitution.

Wow fuck that, as soon as he started in I would have pulled over and said “get the fuck out”. Fuck Uber and lyft they don’t give 2 shits about us as drivers, we get paid like garbage. The transportation industry was better when you drove taxis, maybe the government should create an app and synchronize the licensed taxis that can input their own rates with it instead of it being private with 2 big conglomerates

Also another thing you can do that I have done is call Uber/Lyft support with the pax in your car. Let them hear the crap we have to put up with and it will be recorded. That one ended with the man walking back over to me and saying “My wife said I was a jerk to you so I’m sorry”.

I don’t understand why anyone still doesn’t have a dash cam this is a dangerous job they’re not expensive what is the reason behind not getting a dash cam at this point

Just call the passenger if he sound drunk dont pick him up that what a do I call firls if sound to drunk I cancel it not worthy specially on weekends just do airports u get pay more and dont need to deal with th9s assh----

This is part of being passive or assertive attitude. He knew he could run you over and he did. Just a suggestion to improve in life.

Who cares if there is a Circle K there, OUT THE [CENSORED] DOOR RIGHT THERE!! There is no “Find a safe place”…It’s called passive aggressive, that is what he used on you.

Sorry that happened. That would def be scary. I wonder if he would have even gotten out if you cancelled the ride half way through and then wat do u do cause hes in your car . Glad u got away

I know what I would do and it makes a big scene and gets you out of the shituation. Unplug phone, turn car off, take keys, wallet, (all my stuff that is important is in the cubby hole in drivers door) get out and get away, call 911. OR depending on where you are at…drive to police station. They really don’t like that!!

I have also come to the fact that if someone has the balls to try to hyjack me or who knows what, that they are going to be getting a visit with a brick wall. I will ram my vehicle into the nearest hard object and take them out.

This is why I have a dash cam in my vehicle. I have stickers on the outside of the windows and inside of the windows announcing that they are being being recorded both visually and audibly

You should have called 911 and report him and lyft both.
Lyft is way bigger sucker than uber and they wouldn’t do anything other than suck up and apologize to the AH and give him free ride as an apology from you.

His bad behavior. His account paying for everything. If the app isn’t on a trip, you can’t really take anybody. And if you continue taking people after he got out of the vehicle, he can complain that you’re abusing his account. Tough call. As cold as it sounds, I’d have kicked everybody out. These people chose to be with this guy, even though he’s obviously an abusive jerk. Sometimes you have to let people burn their hand on the stove before they learn to quit playing with fire. Maybe they needed to learn to lose this guy the hard way. So, yeah I would have kicked everybody out immediately. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Sounds like they were all Darwin Award winners.

You didn’t really do anything wrong. I would not have mentioned the cleaning fee, just said “let me know if you need me to pull over” he was completely in the wrong and although I have never kicked anyone out this one i would have. And maybe have called police if I couldn’t get out of the situation quickly enough. Chin up. Sounds like you handled it best you could. Remember you are in control .

Go back in your trip history and get his home address so we can all send him glitter bombs.
Fuck that guy.
He needs more sparkle in his shitty life.