Postmates referral Codes and how to become a Postmates driver
The smartphone internet era has 'snazzed-up' what was once considered to be a mundane or grey working position. Courier services, being a courier was not the preferred job for everyone, and until Uber made driving another means of income, couriers were relegated to those smiling anonymous door-to-door delivery people using fleet cars.
Now, with the new apps and private vehicle usage, couriers are sexy and vibrant and can be anyone at any time. If you are employed and own a car and have some spare time and want to earn a few more bucks, then join a delivery or ride-share service.
These services now promote their apps with discounts, free rides, and even $$$ bonuses. Referral codes are all the rage with many applicants, and the more experienced users have developed many ways to manipulate the system to get more free rides and deliveries than expected.
Postmates is a door to door delivery service providing deliveries of all kinds of items from stores and shops such as office supplies and snacks as well as food deliveries from restaurants. Usually, the deliveries are for small quantities.
Postmates is an easy job to perform. All the couriers need's to do is open the Postmates app and wait for orders to come in. There is no shift or scheduled work, and once the app is opened, the courier receives requests and picks up the delivery from the merchant. The delivery can be pre-ordered paid for when the driver arrives with a special Postmates credit card that drviers use to pay for the orders. The courier takes a picture of the receipt and sends it to support via the app and delivers the order to the customer.
Postmates Promo Code for new customers: bikramjitb
Postmates requirements for application are:
- The applicant is 18 years or older
- Has a vehicle or bicycle, car, truck, motorcycle, or scooter
- Owns an iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid US Driver's license
- Insurance card with name on policy
- A social security number (background check)
- Pass the background and driving record check
- Pass an orientation interview online or in person
There is a mandatory background check that covers the last seven years. If you have any prior offenses or driving offenses, Checkr, who performs all the background checks, will find them.
You don't need to own your car; a bike and scooter are all acceptable means of transportation and bicycle are also accepted in certain cities.
Postmates is available in these cities, and the list is constantly expanding.
Philadelphia, Pittsburgh (PA),
St. Louis (MO),
Nashville, Forest Hills (TN),
Seattle (WA), Las Vegas (NV),
Skokie, Evanston, and Chicago (IL).
Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Tempe (AZ)
Over 30 cities in CA
Washington, Arlington, and Bethesda (DC)
Miami Beach, Miami, Coral Gables, Tampa, Jacksonville (FL)
Atlanta, Decatur (GA)
Boston, Cambridge, Somerville (MA)
Minneapolis, Edina, St. Paul (MN)
Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens (NY)
Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, West Lake Hills (TX)
Postmates Referral Codes
Get up to $200 Cash Sign-up Bonus for new Postmates Couriers and Drivers: Postmates Referral Link with Code
Once you have passed all the application process and have received notification that you are now a Postmates courier, you can input the referral code you received from your friend or from an online blog. Once you input the code, you will receive your bonus, and the referrer will also receive their bonus.
Postmates Online Application made easy
- Download the app
- Create a driver account; you can either use your e-mail address or your Facebook account.
- Input the personal details that the account screen asks for, such as name, e-mail, phone number; this is where you will also input the referral code.
- Input your driver-specific information, such as driving license number type of license you have.
- The next screen will ask for your home address.
- Now you will be asked to accept their Terms and Conditions (TOC), we suggest you read them if you don't feel like it, just accept them and move on.
- Now you will need to agree to a background check; this will take around 5 days to complete.
- Postmates will give you a short introductory video explaining about the service and the courier's job.
Postmates promises a $12 per hour minimum earning, and this is a net number after Postmates has deducted all their fees and it does not include tips
Note that you are paid for distance not time, so if you waste too much time trying to find an address or accessing a guarded entrance, you are losing time for other deliveries.
The Background Check
All Postmates applicants go through a pre-screening for the last seven years providing the following information:
- A clean driving record
- A social security number
- No DUI or drug-related offenses
- No fatal accidents
- No criminal records
- No history f reckless driving
Postmates accesses this information through:
- County courthouse records for every county of residence for the last seven years
- Federal courthouse records going back seven years
- The multi-state criminal database going back seven years
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Social Security Trace
- National Sex Offender Registry
Postmates background screening is done by Sterling or Checkr, so if applicants have issues, they must contact these sites directly. The actual background check should not take longer than seven working days. Postmates sometimes performs yearly background checks on drivers as well as statewide re-checking of all drivers when the state changes rules and regulations that demand a background check be performed.
You need to be aware of what all this is about:
- An orientation invitation or e-mail for on-boarding is a sign you have passed the application process.
- Remembers you are a courier, this means you are going to be a part-time driver since this is not a full-time job and you will only earn around $9-$12 per hour without the tips.
- The orientation is held in their local offices.
- The group size per orientation is between five to twenty new couriers.
- Don't just rely on the orientation and your perception of what it's about. Try to find out as much from experienced couriers; they know a lot of time-saving details.
- The best times to work are during rush hours, meal times, weekends and holidays.
- The Postmates insurance covers one million dollars in excess liability insurance, including up to fifty thousand dollars in medical expenses. Bike owners get a one million dollars general liability clause.
- Postmates gives all their drivers a credit card for paying in credit at the merchants. Couriers do not pay in cash; this is a no cash service and if there are issues with the credit card you do not pay for the items with your own money, ever!
- Merchants are divided into three categories: Deep Partners, merchants that have online times in the Postmates catalog and the prices are fixed and not estimated. General Partner that have prices in the catalog, but sometimes they can be different than the actual price and non-partners, these merchants do not appear in the online catalog, customers add them at their discretion. Some of them are cash only, so they are refused and "blacklisted" in the online merchant's list.
- Make sure your bike (if you are not using a car) has a protected and firmly secured carry box, and is large enough for big orders.
- Unlike ride-share companies, you are not limited to where you can drive and work, so if you live near a State line, you can deliver it.
Who is behind Postmates?
Postmates was started by Sam Street, Sean Plaice and Bastian Lehmann who founded the company through the app they developed in 2011. Their business model was simply an advanced courier service, rather than use the Amazon logistics center model; they concentrated on Statewide and city-wide resources offered by merchants. The inventory is cataloged by the merchant online, and this maintains the stock levels of items ready for sale.
Can Increase my earnings?
Increase you're earning by working clever hours, during "Blitz" and meal times. Position yourself in an area with the high customer and supplier saturation, which means if you live in the suburbs, prefer to set your work zone downtown and commercial areas where more offices provide mealtime work.
Do I only work for Postmates?
You can work for more than one service, so don't limit yourself just to Postmates, join DoorDash, Uber, Lyft and more.