Please don't complain picking up teenagers

The complaints are more on the fact that if anything was to happen, as the driver you become liable and parents or even law enforcement can claim things like child endangerment. In addition, a teen can claim abuse or sexual assault etc. Legally, their is less to deal with when the pax is over 18. Plus, it is actually against the policy of both Uber and Lyft so when you ask them for help, they will tell you that. There are questions you can ask without being so obvious, like where are you headed school ? Just be polite, if you realize they are underage, politely tell them that their parents need to make other arrangements and then let the ride share company know that the account was used for a minor, that you informed the minor of the policy. I do it all the time and I have never had a problem.

You need parental permission to transport a kid. In any venue. You are a regular person and notvabove the law. If a kid has an account …they forged their age anyway

Wait until one of those little shits lie on you and then feel “sorry” for them. And you obviously didn’t read your TOS or are completely ignorin’ them.

No means NO.
Do YOU UNDERSTAND?
No means NO.
Your friends died because of their actions. You do crime you do time. Drunk driving is a CRIME! And thanks GOD they didn’t kill anyone. I never had sympathy to drunk drivers!

I have no problem picking up younger kids, I also have a dash cam in the car as well

I have had no problem with picking up kids from school, the youngest has been 16/17

Last I checked we are Independent Contractors, there’s a difference between managed risk and stupid risk. Plus it’s favored by the communities we serve, the parents by and large, etc. The age rule is arbitrary and unreasonable and in many cases unenforceable. Carding a pax is like asking a pax to justify a support animal, or outside our business, asking a voter to show id.

I’m a pretty soft-hearted person with a very generous arm stretch but I have learned the hard way you have to protect yourself first… the other day I got a call and picked up these kids and they started getting in the car and I said who’s 18 and the oldest one said I am… and they only went about 6 miles to a shopping center. But when they got in the car and I saw how they were acting amongst themselves I really felt pretty sure the oldest one was not 18. I got them safely to their destination, but I felt like kicking myself . I won’t do that again. Next time I’ll ask for ID

So by taking a teen under 18 you’re putting yourself and the kid at risk…why? It’s a violation of the TOS and if some drunk hits you the insurance company can deny coverage, if it’s minor they probably wouldn’t do that but if it’s a major accident involving thousands or hundreds of thousands in medical bills it would all be on you.

As long as they are over 18 years old you can pick them up. Just don’t break the law, don’t pick up under aged teenagers

This is a very dangerous area, for starters caring passengers under 18 on accompanied by an adult will get you deactivated, secondly all they have to do is make up a story and you have some big time legal problems, trust me this is not worth the risk, if they are under 18 unaccompanied they do not ride!

You’re so sweet but must be really stupid. It’s not a choice for you to pick up or not it is illegal. Hopefully you don’t own a house or anything of value because the first time you are in an accident with those little darlings you’ll see why uber/lyft and drivers with a lock of sense don’t pick them up. As for the guy that thinks you the driver will be protected if the rider lied to you - I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale cheap want to buy! Uber or lyft will not honor that lying rider but your insurance will of course they will probably cancel you too. So… no car no insurance no work for uber/lyft sounds like driving underaged kids is the way to go

People arevdoing a lot of things just for the fare…they think mothing will happen to them and they wont get caught…that happens to othet ppl. No morals…values or wisdom