Meeting with Uber exec to discuss problems drivers are facing

excuse you??? You might want to look at who your replying to and tagging.
I’m perfectly aware that it’s AGAINST terms of service to take a minor.
You might need to learn how to read before you reply!!!

grow up. It’s drivers like you that cause issues for us.

I seriously hope that you get caught with a minor since you’re so keen on driving them, and get deactivated. It would save the rest of us the headache. :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

Are you a Uber police ? No need to keep posting shit you I can clearly know the terms dumb ass. I’m still using Uber and if they accept it why does that shit bother you ? It’s my problem not yours so mind your damn business

I think the passenger should be able to request their preferred gender. I’ve had numerous female passengers mention this

I like that idea, sort of a preferred driver list… they set a driver as a favorite and the closest one on the favorites list gets pinged if under 10 minutes… perhaps even charge the ride at a slightly higher rate.

They have the ability to keep a pax and driver from being matched so they can reverse the logic and intentionally pair pax and driver. Make it one of the Uber Pro features

I like a preferred driver list. It should be able to route you to them if you’re in the area, and don’t have a pax.

YES…WHEN is the UBER executives going to further investigate those of us that need to have our File reviewed, which were UNFAIRLY penaltized because we did not understand the Computer Page that was providing us our Penalties of Correction of our records. I am a VERY GOOD Driver, yet I failed to notice that I had had some Compliants.

Better driving rates…
•Ratings… driver must see reason for low rating
•Over-saturation of drivers
•A rating for a 1 hour drive should count more than one for a 5 minute ride
•Quest promotions for smaller markets.

Why if you’re in one area you get paid .65 cent a mile and others you get .54 cent a mile I thought it would be the same across the state

Passengers should have pictures for us to see in app of who we are picking up . It would be a lot easier and eliminate wrong people jumping in the car .

I would hope it would not. I just would find it easier when I reach major places like the airport or theme parks to find my pax

Most importantly it needs to be addressed they side with rider complaints 100% of the time with no voice for us drivers. There needs to be more done to prevent deactivation over false accusations by riders trying to get free rides or whatnot.

Minors using the app and drivers ignoring policy picking them up also needs to be addressed.

Rates in Orlando area needs to go up for drivers

They raised the rates for riders to pay and their excuse was to improve support and rider/driver experience which is crap since the support people still ignore our questions and give canned responses

I’d also like to know how they suspend and “investigate” drivers with no input or assistance from drivers.

Riders need to be held more accountable and charged a fee to drivers when a driver is cleared of false accusations

I think this would reduce false accusations if they’re notified of this

Give riders an explicit and detailed explanation of what Uber pool is when they choose it, so they stop getting mad at us when the app has us drop people off in a different order than they were picked up :pray:t2:

Cancellation fee for no car seat and under age riders without having to wait 5 minutes.
Give drivers the ability to dispute passenger ratings with dash cam footage.
Actually fire customers for TOS violations and fraud.

I’d really like to know what Uber plans to do about driving in “rush hour” … Bottom line is: Drivers are punished for extra time in traffic because they are paid primarily based on mileage and not time. Is this fair?

Yeah, no. Their solution to that in some cities was to raise the time rate and cut the distance rate. So you guys in rush hour get an extra $.50 a ride and drivers late at night (who almost always have to drive back to the city center to get another ride) lose out on a couple dollars each ride. Now charging a premium on time during rush hour would be fair but they’re not going to do that.

I do agree. But we have drivers that are not only picking up minors, they are using Lyft/Uber for their unaccompanied minors.

When you sign up as a rider you don’t even have to enter your age or your bday. This is bc they know it’s so buried in the TOS, most people will miss it. They know drivers will take these rides, knowing or not. Their hands are clean, and they don’t lose a fare!!