Lyft has done away with long pickup fees

What happens when a pax complains to Lyft that they can’t get a ride and Lyft sees that I’m the only driver in the area? Am I gonna get deactivated cuz I keep declining the call?

if you really care about your livelihood you would step up for your rights as a boss a owner operator and take control over your overhead expenses.
You drive 15 minutes 8 to 10 miles away to take a PAX .5 to 1.5 miles and wait 4 minutes at pick up what sense is that.
COME ON STAND UP or you won’t have a livelihood to worry about

I just posted on this I should have scrolled down. Do we get bad acceptance ratings because we chose not to take the long rides? According to lyft we wont be paired but what if we are the nearest driver… thats …15 minutes away?

acceptance rating will be hurt for not taking it. Supposedly if you accept and then cancel for it being too far it won’t hurt you but…

any plans on following Uber’s lead and automatically adding it? Do we need to X out or request and cancel? Ie which one is going to get us in trouble/on the chopping block and which one isn’t? All I can think of right now other than it’s BS :roll_eyes::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::joy:

ou would think they would appreciate us and reward us for being there for them. We are the ones that fill in the empty spaces when other drivers are not active. Without us not being there they have a dead network and can not provide customer service making them selves look bad. At what price ? Not paying their drivers a little extra to keep the flow going? Someone needs to get in there and re structure the system !

WTF kind of response it that? Its because their net work of drivers is small compared to uber and are losing money. But they wont tell you that

the first one cracked me up! “Hey we see you have a great rating so here’s a reward of a long pickup for you to do for free” :joy::joy::joy:

From what I was told, both rates… Cancellation and acceptance… But they wouldn’t say how low they had to be, I’m guessing the person I talked to didn’t know… I also don’t know if this is possibly a regional thing. A few people have said they got long pickup fees today. I’m gonna give it a few days and see if anything is mentioned in group…

Yea and they don’t compensate for your drive back from a longer distance drop off either.

That’s always been the case… Uber doesn’t either and it’s harder to get rides back with Uber cuz if you leave your registered area, you can’t go back online… Found that one out the hard way! Lol!

I don’t mind long rides. When I get a ride to an airport 2 hours away I drive for a few hours there before I return so I’m making the money in a larger market while I’m there.

we have some areas that are 15 min away as there are no drivers that live in that neck of the woods . I seem to be getting more pickups that are 15 or more min away lyft holds it against you which i think is wrong

i agree they will lower your acceptance rate and send you a message that your not taking runs . We should try it and see anyway

I never get a long distance pick up fee from Lyft. Only Uber after 11 minutes in my market. I always decline those are more than 10 minutes away on Lyft.

We’ve never had them at all (Denver)—that I am aware of. Been driving for Lyft for over 2 yrs.

I found out early on that you had to request long pickup compensation. From what I understand, it’s always been available, but it always had to be requested by the driver. Until today…

Base rate is the same, but it’s all downhill from there compared to Uber… Unfortunately, in my area at least, Lyft is used more cuz it’s cheaper (gee I wonder why! Lol!). I would love to get more Uber runs!!!

Sorry but no scam here… Read thru the comments and you’ll see I’m not the only one who found this out today! It’s been posted all over Facebook in many groups, not just here…

Not here. LYFT is a joke. Esp in smaller towns. I do 10/1 uber to lyft. Bigger towns probably better but there behind the curve