Lyft driver tried to scam me

Used a Lyft Plus last night that came out to about $10 more than the estimate given. When the driver finally ended the ride about 5 minutes after droppibg me off, I noticed that the dropoff point was different than the one I had entered in the app and where he actually dropped me off. I did a fare review and listed the correct p/u and dropoff points. Turns out I got a $10 refund. I gave this guy 5 stars and a $5 tip. Why do drivers do this? End the trip as soon as the pax gets out of the car. Crazy thing is that I told him I was a driver also and I feel like he still tried to scam me by driving a little extra before ending the trip. Jackass!!!

I have had the app mess up on me, I pull out of the way and keep trying until it ends.

It’s really hard to know who to side with on this one because I’ve been on both sides. When I was using Uber in Vietnam, the driver didn’t end the ride until 30 mins after I was dropped off. I had to email Uber for a fare adjustment and they took care of it within minutes.

When I drive, there are some rural parts of the island where I dropoff (Hawaii) and I can’t get the ride to end until I get back onto the main street where I got reception back. It’s never intentional to not end the ride, but I know I have to move back towards a main area or I won’t be able to end the ride.

Yeah but if you are honest you tect the passenger and let him know and contact uber. So if the driver didnt do this it was a scam

I end the trip as soon as I get there while the pax is getting out my car so I could avoid a situation like this

I can’t even get an estimate on the app, it keeps saying N/A. Other riders are telling me the same thing.

I’ve forgotten to end trips on Lyft before because Lyft switches you out of the app & into a navigation app. He probably just forgot to switch it back to the Lyft app after he dropped you off.

I have found some areas where the app will not let me end a ride due to connection issues. Not just with Uber, but with Lyft and DoorDash as well. Sometimes it can be 5 minutes before you can mark a drop off or delivery as completed.

Yeah, it takes the app almost 5 minutes just to tally up the fare. I have to press the button again just to make sure sometimes.

I dunno about Lyft but Ubers driver and pax app SUCKS anymore lots of disconnects mistypes slow speeds etc.

Don’t know what his true reasons are but sometimes I can’t and trip due to the system’s down and I have to move to another location.

There was one time i drove someone from the airport… And he was going 10 miles past west bumfuck just over. Where the fuck am i mountains… I couldnt end the trip for 40mins of the ride back home … When i did end it . it had the end location correct…

Btw … Why i dont like picking up at airport … And the guy got in saying " you’re gonna hate me"

Sometimes the app will lock up due to cell signal, and you have to relocate

There has been time where the app freezes on me after dropping the pax off, and i cant end the trip… i have yo drive a little because of traffic or whatever… once the app comes back im able to end the trip. I never drive more than a block though, i pull over.

Because there are dishonest people in the world. My exboyfriend was an Black/ SUV Uber driver and did shit like that all the time. He was also the shittiest boyfriend I ever had. He didn’t last long in screwing over people before Uber deactivated his butt two weeks after I did.

Yeah mine has been locking up taking pax and dropping them off on occasion their apps suck if I think it’s something fucked up like that I’ll write down the addresses and approx times on a napkin or text it to myself for further reference.

You don’t think it was the app bc it didn’t necessarily had to be him. It has been acting up lately. (Just a thought)

He may not have had a signal to end the trip. Happened to me once in the country. 30 minutes before I could end the ride. Of course, I requested a fare adjustment.

Probably an accident,I’m sure they weren’t trying to scam you,at least you were on top of it.