I'm getting serrrriously pissed off with Uber doing numerous background checks

If the issue is that the driver hasn’t authorized a new background check the Hub can definitely straighten that out. Same if there was some kind of mixup and the background check came back clear but the account still hasn’t been reactivated. Also if the background check is showing something that isn’t the driver (like a conviction for someone else with the same name) they can tell you how to handle it. The only thing they can’t do is make a judgment call if the background check does turn up something legitimate.

I hope it works out for you but I wouldn’t trust what they say. In my case I was back online as soon as I approved the background check, they did not waitlist me while they were waiting for it to complete or they were reviewing it. The last time was in March, things may have changed. If you can I would go to a Hub, they’ve always been able to straighten things out for me, even once when they said they couldn’t. Long story short, Hertz didn’t send them the updated registration on my rental and Hertz said they couldn’t get it to them for a few days because the documents were at a corporate office out of state. Hub consulted with two managers and very apologetically told me they couldn’t do anything. Yet somehow I was back online an hour later with my new registration showing as expiring in 2099!! Go in, be nice (very few people are) and see what they can do.

File for unemployment. Uber mentioned in an article over a year ago that they are no longer fighting these because it’s not worth their time.

It’s happening to me right now with Lyft. Nobody knows why I am suspended. Been driving since April with a prefect record.

Do you find you make the same amount or more just driving for Lyft? I actually found that when driving for both, I had a lot more Lyft rides, better quality people ha and better tips for Lyft rather than Uber