I'm getting serrrriously pissed off with Uber doing numerous background checks

I am pretty irritated. I was driving in San Francisco when they cut me off. It took all I had in me to stay away from the corporate office and give them a piece of my mind.

Oh I don’t give two s****. I’m going to fight to the death for this and they will compensate me, I guarantee it

absolutley nothing you are a contractor and chekr is the one doing the check if it’s still on your record they cant do anything trust me you gotta work to get it removed

Writing a bad check 16 years ago should have no bearing on my ability to drive today. It was an error that puts nobody in any kind of danger. It was an honest mistake and now that it was found, it has been rectified.

they paid me when a customer made a false complaint about me. $300 may not seem like a lot to you guys who probably do it full-time or drive a lot doing it part-time but to me $300 is two car payments. Why fish are driving a customer complained that I was driving drunk. They put my account on hold and they did a full investigation, found out that the writer was lying, deactivated her account and paid me a hundred bucks. I don’t see why this should be any different

Here is the real reason: Uber is planning to release its IPO (Stock) sometime in 2019. Due to the negative media attention concerning drivers assaulting riders, they are attempting to “Clean up” and quell their negative public image so they can release the stock at the highest possible price to raise BILLIONS. They don’t care what state laws and statutes they break. They always worry about being sued later, but, never ever pay back nearly what damage they caused or money they stole.

Did you authorize this background check, either in app or by email? I’ve had this happen twice, supposedly a request for me to authorize the check is supposed to show up in the notifications/news-feed section of the app but it never did. Both times I called and ask them to email it to me again. Within an hour of me completing it I was back online. You can give it a try. Specifically tell them that you need them to resend the request for authorization of the background check.

Yeah I’ve been calling them multiple times and emailing them multiple times and they kept saying that I needed re consent. I told him multiple times that it has never showed up in my app or on my driver profile and then the last time I spoke to them they said don’t worry about it the background check is pending. Well I finally got my check her email but I still can’t drive so I will be calling them as soon as I get out of work

Stop your bickering and get a real full time job. Or get on some other ridesharing platform. But please stop complaing and let it take its course.

Some of us don’t want a boss telling us what to do. Fuck working for some cock. If it’s not necessary, why would you cow tow to some shit ass douchebag telling you what to do and when to do it?

I think the point is…
IF YOU CAN’T meet the Uber qualifications, then go get a real job!
BTW, I hope you aren’t kissing anyone with that mouth! Ugh!!!

Do you understand that some people have been on the platform for 3 years, done thousands and thousands of rides, their backgrounds have passed multiple times and have NOT changed, and all of a sudden, they are waitlisted and rejected? That’s fucked up man. That’s why drivers are pissed. Telling them to go get a job after their lives have been overturned is callous. Guess what,…there ARE ways to get back on and some attorneys are even doing it Pro-bono for publicity. Some aren’t and charge a fee. Do the research before you tell hard working people to just say “Fuck it” and go work for some “Cock.” :grin:

Some people like making their own hours, not being told when they could “Use the bathroom” or take a day off. There, does that meet your language standards? :smiley:

Maybe it’s just easier to treat the Uber GIG as a job, than to actually have a job?
Maybe applying for a job would uncover a sketchy background?
Maybe there’s a personality flaw that doesn’t work with a real job?
Possibly, the language skills don’t allow a real job, but the Uber GIG, tolerates poor language skills?

attitude is sorely lacking in any form of empathy. It’s lazy and dies not address the issue. Uber is taking hyper vigilant actions that are unnecessary. If you can’t stand up for yourself here,taking a “corporate job” will not solve anything.

Empathy? I’m not sure what that is? I’m more of a business man than a little girl. I’m pretty sure empathy is an emotion for little girls in jr high school.
In the adult world, business is business! Uber is a GIG, and NOT A JOB. If you can’t meet the Uber qualifications, then you are not allowed to participate in the GIG.
How hard is that to comprehend?

you are trolling people who got fucked for no good reason. Maybe you like to take it on the chin, others are “Men” and “Women” who like to fight for what’s right. You are just the kind of driver Uber wants.

You are correct sir! Uber and I are a perfect fit. I can pass a drug test and background checks daily if necessary. It is a GIG, it allows me to mess around part time and earn enough to cover my expenses at the same time.
This GIG doesn’t interfere with my full time job.

Listen people, I do have another part-time job. I just drive to earn extra income. I’m not trying to get attention or bring up stupid issues, I was just trying to see if anybody else has gone through this. I don’t need to drive for Uber and Lyft, I want to and it’s really screwed up how they’re trying 2 screw all of us. I’ve only been driving for 11 months, I’ve had multiple background checks done on me and passed with no problem period all of a sudden this one background check is not letting me drive? It’s seriously effed-up

Green light has no authority to handle background checks. It’s confidential. They can only handle issues concerning being shut off for cancellations and other various app issues.