I fucking hate people sometimes

I got a large UberEats order. Tray full of drinks and enough food for at least 3-4 people from a local BBQ place.

I get to the drop off point and the customer’s giant dog (70lbs easy) is running loose on the property. Customer isn’t outside with the dog and doesn’t come out to get either the food or her dog. So I open the car door and the dog immediately jumps up and slobbers in my face and then proceeded to try and climb into my car. Still no sign of the customer so irritated as fuck, I grab everything and of course the dog is up my ass all the way to the door of the house, so I’m juggling all this person’s shit and trying to control their untrained dog. I knock on the door, she answers and takes the food. No thank you, no tip and now I smell like dog.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I love dogs (I’m a vet tech in fact), but I would NEVER let a 70 pound dog with no manners run loose on my property KNOWING I had a delivery person on their way to my house with more food than one person should be reasonably expected to carry!

That’s reason to call and make them come out. Walk out or not. I know you’re comfortable with animals but you don’t know that animals intent… if I were you, next time call and if they don’t want to come out contact uber.

She should have no had that Dog tied up or secured somewhere. She knew she was getting a delivery.

Dog people assume everyone loves being slobbered on and knocked over by dogs. I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate it if I stepped all over their shirt and licked their face haha

I Trained my sister’s German Shepherd to Stop Jumping Up.

Imagine That!!

They couldn’t Read a book, or Google a video, OR send their dog for proper Training!!

OK, so call, ask the customer to restrain dog or come get food. 2). If no, give 5 minutes ,call customer service. 3). Leave and enjoy your meal or give it to a vagrant. Period.

That could have ended badly on a couple of levels.

call them to meet you.
the dog could have knocked you or the food over, so
if they don’t answer and the timer runs out,
your family or the homeless have a bunch of food.

1st mistake was opening door to your car, then delivering to the door! I would of never opened my door. Call and let timer run out, then roll out! Or call support and tell them about the dog!

I would have sent them a text and waited. Made them come out, I would have said that’s a big dog. I don’t know if it’s friendly…

There’s a loose dog that you do not know the temperament of, why the hell did you risk getting out of the vehicle? I would of called customer, if no answer customer care and if that didn’t resolve it I would pushed the horn until someone came out annoyed as fuck like I would of been of the dog.

I’ve heard people use the I’m in that line of business before and know… know how many accidents happen with people who say that? Too many. You never know how a dog is going to react when you do not know the dog. They can switch in a flash.

Of course it ain’t about being afraid, it’s about being SAFE

Then when you are in this situation you can make a different choice. I wasn’t worried about being in danger because part of my training and life experience is dealing with aggressive dogs. That’s why I chose the way I did. We all asses risk differently.

You are told a different approach and you jump on the person for givi g you their opinik… If you weren’t worried then you shouldn’t complain on the outcome. You obviously just want someone to agree with you.

That’s why I will not sign up for UberEat just because of customers that don’t appreciate u

Text customer you’re outside and if he doesn’t come out get a cancellation fee and free food. You just don’t have time to please everyone, you either please everyone and lose money or make money and don’t waste time with these types of customers

You missed out. I woulda stayed in the car, cancelled @ 5:01, and had BBQ for dinner!

I probably would have let the dog eat the food, just cuz I would have been irritated that they had no control over the dog, then texted them and said “I hope the ribs are ok for your dog, he just molested me for them!

I think the dog knew you had food lol and wanted it, or the dog just wanted to play or both lol

That’s how your dog gets shot.
I didn’t close my door firmly enough on a windy day and the air pressure popped the door open. Before a kind neighbor was able to get my boxer back inside she’d run up barking to some guy who pulled a gun on her! Thank GOD my neighbor was able to talk him down an get my stupid dog inside.

I would have considered it undeliverable and ate the food myself. I have very little patience for these cheap Uber bastards these days.