I am rejecting the settlement because of the following reasons below;

Lol you have no fight! You signed up for this. Don’t like it? Get a real job where shit like this would apply.

Melissa, I’m not fighting…just pointing out exactly what you are doing right now…go on…keep attacking me and getting absolutely nowhere for it.

all of this you are made very well aware of when you signed up with Uber. No benefits…so no health insurance. And they do not pay for the wear on your car. That is precisely why this is not a full time gig. So if what you’re saying is true (which I highly doubt) then you should have no problem getting a real job with benefits that won’t use your car. You are full of shit. This is a means to make extra supplemental income or for people like students, retirees, and those in between jobs. You are not an employee of Uber. They do not owe you anything that you are trying to get. Please get that through your head please.

I think the problem with this is that U/L dont care. There are drivers signing up at record numbers and it isn’t going to stop as long as they are offering insane bonuses for new drivers.
When you sign up, you agree to the TOS and you agree that you are an IC. Your use of your car is of no concern to anyone but you. To say that you aren’t fairly compensated for its use is true and it’s false. You are directly compensated but with tax breaks the money you earn could be used for that purpose.
The other issue with the letter is that to be taken seriously by lawyers and “professionals” your letter must be factual and grammatically correct. When you send in a letter that has errors of any form, you lose credibility and take a chance that your letter goes into file 13. If you’re going to take the time to write a letter about this, why wouldn’t you consult with an attorney? They can help you word it so that it gets the attention that you are seeking. Coming to FB for the attention because you are taking a stand is cool but we are in the same boat as you and cannot help you in your quest for attention except to reply to your post.

what you dont understand my dears is that Ive been driving almost 4 years and we’ve both signed 2 totally different contracts

you assume we signed 2 different contracts.
What you don’t understand in the scope of contracts or TOS, by continuing under a new or revised one, you agree to the wording. You can’t use a contract or a TOS from 4 years ago if the new one supersedes it and you continue doing the work.
You may not have read it completely or understood it but you agreed to it.

I agree with the others but again, prices my point that uber sucks and not a great company to work for

you might want to have a lawyer or a paralegal look this over for you and help you edit it just to be sure your points really stand out and it’s as professional as possible. Lawyer in my family taught me: RULE #1 in COURT= Leave all emotions out of it because they will NOT be considered!! Good luck, hon!

What I don’t understand is all the drivers that complain about gas, wear and tear , expenses and payments. If you can’t figure out how run your business then why continue? Complain complain complain but still driving. UBER is not forcing you to drive. “UBER this and UBER that while we this and we that.” Find a way to be profitable or go flip burgers. UBER owes you nothing and there are many drivers making a decent living because they figured out how to run THEIR business within the UBER platform. Also as a side note UBER was never intended to be a full time gig. It has always been promoted as a side hustle. If you spent the time you were spending on protesting and such into studying the industry maybe you would be profitable. Good luck to all.

Exactly! This is not a full time job and anyone that thinks so is fooling themselves. Some people like to force it because they’re too lazy to get a real job and they think they can make full time money working whenever they want with no one to answer to. Then they think they are owed something like this chick does. It’s funny to me.

Well everyone…lets just say this is a real rough draft so that all the drivers concerned can submit to Judge Chen. It NEEDS TO BE MORE than one person telling the story of deactivation due to Background checks and not given notice for the deactivation

You clearly just don’t get it, do you? Go ahead and keep wasting your time writing and sending those. I’m sure they get a kick out of reading them, and not just for the grammatical errors.

In the Uber independent contractor contract it reads you can be terminated at any time for any reason whatsoever and Uber does not have to give you the reason. So you’re kind of like writing to a ghost. Unfortunately !

ell Kevin only an Employer has that power. You want to terminate my app then you have to pay workmans comp etcetera. Im independent remember.

Your not a employee …now is Uber your employer. Independent contractors are their own business owners. I’ve been an independent contractor driver for 15 years. You’re just not getting this whatsoever.

You have absolutely no rights as an independent contractor. You can be deactivated and lose your contract at anytime. You’re fighting a losing battle.

Why u still working for Uber than? If it comes to the point where your outside Uber’s headquarters protesting go find another job and be happy you got anything!!

, you stating over here, that you been driving almost 4 years. Yet earlier you said, Uber deactivated you falsely due to background check. Are you trolling? How can anybody take you seriously?

I think I will unfollow this.

I will end this by saying this.

I don’t know much about this case.

I guess a group of people decided to file a lawsuit against Uber.

Let the lawyers handle this. They handling this the best they can and trying to get as much money as possible for all the drivers.

By writing a letter to the judge won’t do much.

Let’s see 3 lawsuits haven’t done anything… There’s a million drivers out there… Uber will never care about their drivers… This is frivolous