Has anyone else had unusual requests?

I would’ve done it, BUT, question for y’all: what about packages?? Hasn’t happened to me yet, but I would try to use good judgement.

Sure what’s the difference???

I’ve taken parts that fit in my truck to Job sites and got tipped really well.

I’ve had lots of delivery fares. They tip very well. If they like and trust you, they will call you directly. I charge more than Uber and they don’t bat an eye about it, cause they trust you to deliver there goods.

I had a guy call me after the Ping and asked me if I would pick up a package and deliver it and I told him we are a Rideshare business not a delivery service. There’s no way I’m going to be liable for somebody else’s property whether it’s a key, or a box drugs, who knows that’s not my business. I drive for a living, drive not deliver.

Bearzy, that’s my concern. Lots of items I’d be happy to deliver, but a sealed package? :grimacing: Maybe, after I’m allowed to see the contents…

I have picked up and delivered contracts, computer parts and even ice cream…from one store to another. No problem. I will do it all day long especially if there is a surge. I enjoy the quiet at times. Plus I don’t have to hear people bragging about how successful they are, using bad language or blasting annoying rap “music.” Enjoy it!

Uber Eats San Francisco. Late at night Picked up package for a man from a “bar.” Order contents: popcorn, and one corn on the Cobb. They were putting this together at the bar. I find it very suspicious after I’m in my car, knowing this stapled paper bag does not have corn on the Cobb in it. Drive to addy in app, after I get there man contacts me with a new address to go to… 15 mins away from addy he put in the map. He asks me to drive to new location and bring it up to his 5th floor apt. I made him come downstairs. Of course el jerko did not tip.

But…What do you think was in that package? My bet is drugs… what a crafty way to deliver drugs.

My point: we already do this.

I fail to see what your problem was taking a key. It for sure isn’t going to barf in your car …

The point is we are Rideshare not a delivery service. The ramifications that could happen for example what if the person isn’t there that’s supposed to pick up the key? Do you leave it do you waste your time returning it back to the original person? If you leave it and house gets broken into who are they going to blame? You of course the last person that had the key. There’s just so many things that could go wrong that it is not worth it for me personally.

There are way too many rides out there for me to waste my time on stuff that isn’t my job.

I was paid $20.00 to transport a cell phone. Sat on the passenger seat and didn’t say a thing. Second-best passenger I ever had.
Best passenger was a suitcase that sat silently in my trunk for half a day while I picked up humans. $60.00.