Has anyone else had unusual requests?

I’d take that ride. I’ve delivered phones, keys, and one time I took paperwork down to Santa Monica.

A ride is a ride is a ride is a ride. Money spends the same no matter what or who is the passenger. That was easy money and you passed it up. Why?

I had a guy who called me for a ride and just loaded boating equipment in the trunk for me to take to his friend on he lake. Here in nashville, TN it was like a $40 ride.

Transported a mirror to a bride on their wedding day. The groom set it up and tipped $10. Easy peasy.

I delivered a breast pump one time. Lady was at work 30 mins from home, husband was home with the baby, I picked the bag up from him and he opened the bag to show me what was inside. Once I delivered to the lady, she thanked me so much for “saving a breast feeding mother!” It made me feel great and I made good money since it was a pretty long trip!

I delivered a small USB in an box to a famous photographer in the Hollywood Hills (LUX). I was told to guard it with my life. So I put a seatbelt on the box. :man_shrugging:t4:

Took a car key to a guy who locked his other key in the car. $6 fair, $10 tip. Still cheaper than a locksmith.

I dropped someone off from lax to Laguna beach. I then got a request in Laguna to bring a phone back to lax. I loved it. I did not have to talk to anyone.

Yes. I was out in North Hollywood got notification to pick up pax. When I arrived. A lady comes out and says " I need you to deliver this lap top to my husband’s office he is an attorney and forgot it. His office is in Santa Monica. I proceeded with the delivery contacted the attorney as I arrival and was tipped 40 bucks

All I asked was if anybody had gotten unusual ride requests, doesn’t mean you have to bash me or tell me I screwed up by not taking the request, it was my decision not to accept especially since I just finished a ride thru the LA freeways during rush hour, what is the point of posting here if nobody has anything nice to say.

So, would you have driven a person to Newport Beach, even though you had just finished a ride through the LA freeways during rush hour?

Yes and I’ve done them and always get a good tip with 5 stars and sometimes a nice comment.

I think you need to be concerned when Pax want you to become UBER-AMBULANCE!

I am in Los Ángeles/ Beverly Hills and get calls like that all the time. I have picked up items and transported them onto movie sets and met wonderful people. I drive a 2017 Black Suburban, so I have had requests to deliver even furniture. I agree to it so long I don’t have to be lifting anything. The coolest request I have had was one for a movie set where they needed an SUV. When I arrived they explained they needed a caravan of SUV 's for a scene. I agreed and signed a release form. Even though I was on set for 4 hours and my Uber meter was running, they paid me $500.00 cash.

I have transported a Pair of Shoes and another time a Hard Bound Book, no big deal and a tip both times…

Yes, go buy a pack of cigs and drop off to him. I said no, i would pick him up take him and wait to take him back. He cancelled. I smiled and moved on.

I went n got some lady a pack of smokes… she couldn’t leave her place… $ is $

When I was an Uber driver transporting items were my favorite rides! It is very appropriate and permissible to transport legal items. Transporting items were my favorite requests. After all, they are not drunk and can’t puke in your car. :slight_smile:

I am now happily retired from Uber, living very comfortably on a retirement income.

I got a ping to a house party…it was winding down…the rider wanted me to drive his SUV 3 miles and back…total 6 miles to go get his kid with him, (he’d been drinking)…car seat was in his rig…he paid me 50 bucks in tip

I picked up an empty car seat and drove it across town. I was happy to do that. Not sure why you didn’t accept the ride