Got a question about luggage on airport pick ups

Driving hours on end just sitting isn’t good for you anyway. Get out, stretch and get your circulation moving. Trust me, years of driving truck has my back and body all out of whack.

No but I do it for them because I don’t want them scratching your tearing up my interior or the outside of my car

I don’t because I have severe asthma and I am only 4”10”. I may attempt if I see a woman struggle or have a lot of stuff but mostly no.

I had a passenger with six pieces of luggage loaded up my trunk had three bags in the front seat helped them and still no tip . I really want to vent on here but it’s not worth it

I do it in common courtesy, I don’t think of getting tips, I just do my job. Unlike most drivers on here they sit on their phones. One time my girlfriend and I took an Uber to Logan. I was carrying most of the luggage and the guy didn’t even offer to help. My girlfriend was struggling carrying bags. At least my Uber back the gentleman was very helpful.

Yes…cabbies do it hoping to inspire a bigger Tip, so it seems to me a good idea. But when I traveled by airplane with 4 footlockers (while working at the Jamaician nudist resort HEDOISM II for 2 years) of bodypainting equipment and materials…and if I loaded and unloaded everything myself…FUCK THE TIP!!!

The people in the Ivory Tower should encourage tipping to drivers. It all goes back when the CEO Uber told everyone that tipping wasn’t necessary .

The simple answer is YES. As a driver picking up at the airport you are an ambassador for your city and your car is your place of business.

I have recently gotten my Ground Transportation badge for SLC and part of the training and airport expectations is that drivers load luggage and open car doors. If the passenger beats you to it that is not an issue but you should at least try to help your passengers as much as you can.

I know that many drivers will say that at the rates that Uber and Lyft pay that they do not have to, and I agree that X rates are crap and you are not getting paid what you should. But you have also chosen to be a driver and loading luggage in your care is part of the job. If you do now what to load and unload luggage you should contact Uber/Lyft and asked to be blocked from airport trips.

You pretty much know your car inside and out right? You know how to place the rider’s luggage where it will fit accordingly right? Well have you ever pulled up to a hotel where the valet/bellhop argues with you to let them load the luggage while you stay in the car, to quickly move along so you don’t hold their line up? Happened on a couple occasions with me.

that is why god created bumper covers. Also I run a minivan that has a cargo area. not too woried about it. In fact I am more worried about damage from the drunk frat guys who sneaked an open container and are sitting in the third row.

Yes it is. Some idiot scratched my car getting in. Another hit a post with the edge of my door. It IS their fault if they damage your car.

nope, I help out to speed things up. however, if they have a lot of stuff and they won’t help me load up, they are being rude.

Do any of you use rideshare in other cities? If you did, you will learn quickly that we do some really strange things in the OKC market.

It’s not but I do it because I don’t want them acting all gorilla like and messing up my car. Go look at rental cars and see the bumper cover below the trunk, you’ll understand!

I think it is what you make it. I go to work every day with a great attitude, carry on good conversations with my customers that want to talk and with my motto, the customer is always right. I have hard candy and offer it to them. With Uber, I have over 4000 rides with a 4.91 rating. I guess I am doing something right!

I got long legs so my seat is a bit further back than normal. Well this chick hopped in behind me. Now where I picked her up at she was on my right by the curb. This chick purposely walked all the way the hell around and hopped in BEHIND me. Soon as she closed the doors she noticed right away that she wouldn’t be content right there. It’s enough room to not be cramped but also not enough to lounge out. Anyway once she decided to move she silently but very roughly dragged her ass across the back seat. I mean climbing up on it and dragging her shoes across.

I didn’t notice until she hopped out what happened, but there was dirt and grit and leaves all over the back. Lots of people hop in an car empty right behind me. I just don’t understand… bastards

Absolutely. I will meet them at the door. What part of a Service, do people not understand??? I see it all the time. Pax get out, trunk opens, they grab their bags and not a word from them or the driver. Rude…

No. Is it in the TOS that we have to handle their luggage? NO.
(I do it anyhow, but your point is invalid)

Absolutely NOT. It’s ride sharing…not taxi service. I can see if they hve loads of bags and can barely haul their luggage OR in need of help. Do you think flight attendants drop everything to help their passagers load their luggage? NO! If you feel the individual is in need of your help then yes. Otherwise leave it alone…entertaining your riders while they’re in your car is the best service one can share while get them to their destination safe and sound

Ok. Rideshare is a great word. It is a bs concept. It’s not carpooling. It is still a “Taxi Service”. Imagine if people just took pride in, and treated people like people, not a paycheck. No wonder we get a bad name or ratings.