Found cell in my vehicle and handed it to the nearest police station

I have returned MANY cell phones in the 2 years I have driven rideshare. Both Uber and Lyft charges a fee for retuned item, that fee goes to the driver! Rider does not have to tip cuz they are already charged! Every item I have returned either pax gave me extra tip or added it in app ON TOP of what Lyft or Uber did.

Uber and Lyft, both, charge a fee to return the phone, and you get the whole thing. Good idea to leave it turned off, though. When they “give the rider your contact info”, they give them whatever number or email address you want. (I created an AOL account, just for this. They’re free.)

Then the rider pays, I think, a $15 fee for you to return the phone.

15 dlrs wont cover gas and time lost for going out of our ways to return cell phone… time is money and these riders never appreciate never give extra money for our kindness so go get your cellphone at police station…

I have delivered phones that I only got the return fee, I’ve gotten tips and once, got a $110 tip! You really never know. As for taking time out of your day, just return it when it’s convenient for you. I don’t know about you, but I can always use an extra $15.

How much time did it take out your dumb ass day to take it to the police? Yes this is still a troll post because no one can possibly be this ignorant or stupid.

That is true, but I’ve always given them a time I can be wherever they are, to deliver the phone. Some people, I have called them, after dropping someone off in their neighborhood and one was a cop at the airport, who waited for me to get to the cell lot.

I tell the pax that i can puy it in the mail and they should receive the phone in 3 or 4 days and it will only cost them the $15 return fee or I’ll return it to them in the area for my time and expenses, minimun $50 plus the $15 Uber rerurn fee.

I’ve only ended up putting one in the mail.