For those who have made decisions like this, how did you feel your transition went?

Alot of people on here don’t even know me. I could be getting extra income from someone or something else that still helps cover my bills. Thankfully I do have a supportive family that respects my decision and feel that it was a better choice because THEY KNOW what i’m dealing with. The rest is for everyone to guess lol.

I hope your market is better than Nashville. In this city I would highly advise against that move. Just remember to put savings aside as there is zero job security and no retirement plan for Uber drivers.

I think you can definitely do well going full time, but there are a lot of risks associated with you probably already know about. The two Big pitfalls that I have seen towards full time is potential lose your job because of 1. deactivation reasons like cancellation rate Etc, and 2. being in accidents or traffic violations. These are the two big areas that I see some full-timers suffering from or losing their job with no warning. As you know, there is no workers comp or severance package. If you were in an accident there is also a $1,000 deductible for Uber and 2000 + for Lyft. 3 incidents on your police record within three years involving traffic means that you will be out of a job. Do everything you can to not be pulled over by the police. I even have a buddy who hit a deer and Uber deactivated him for a couple of months. If your cancellation rates get too high, that can be a major problem but these companies also have other reasons to try to deactivate drivers who have been doing this for a while. We have a feeling that they would rather sign up newbies all the time who agreed to stupid lower ratio cuts. The old drivers who were really good but who keep more of their money may not necessarily be their Investments.

Some people may appreciate knowing why I have seen over five full-time drivers deactivated in the last 6 months. I guess you are not one of them and that is ok.

Anyone who says it’s great has not driven enough and will see that they are putting too many miles on their car and not getting compensated for it

Today was an ok day. Add $50 on lyft and a $40 private. But if you can’t do this daily, you shouldn’t be quitting your job

Not many have the math skills to know what their profit and loss are. So many think they’re making a profit but are actually losing money daily.

Soon you won’t have a job or a car that runs either.

You need some type of business skills to do this job it isn’t get in a car and turn on an app.

All into you get in an accident, and your income instantly stops… like real instantly. Better to do this as a part time thing.

Is there anyone who lives in Illinois can somewhat relate?? I know everyone’s situation is different but certain states have a more better market with Uber & Lyft than others. Illinois is definitly one of them. Cause giving my honest opinion, I would not be doing Uber or Lyft FT in Illinois if the job market here was alot better. Just sayin.

As as I’ve stated for the rkvfijcajfjdjcjrjckecksbillionth time…I do have other income coming in as well.