Fair Technologies - Uber Rental Car Service Reviews?

Does anybody have experience with Fair Technologies? Guys, I’m in the process of renting from Uber. I’ve never done this before, please tell me, is it worth it?

Depends on your market, but mostly so long as it’s just a temporary fix until you get your own car.
You will be paying so much per week with Fair Technologies, you’ll driver half of the week just to pay for the car rental.

Don’t do the rental with Fair. It is better to buy a $1000 car.

No, not worth it. No matter how good the market is. You would be essentially paying someone for a service you can provide for yourself.

I rented from Lyft for a month and had a good experience with it. You just have to be willing to work 40+ hours a week.

Nope, it’s never worth the rental. Just take what you were going to spend for a month or two and get a cheap used car.

Find a good quality used car near the top of the age limit. I have an 8 yr old SUV and a 13 yr old Acura and have maintained above 4.9 for almost 2 years.

why do all these people think you can get a reliable car for like $1000?

1 Like

Because you can, go to the bank repo auctions and you can get a ton of good deals.

That person doesn’t need a reliable car. He needs a temporary car.
Why throw your money away on a rental when you can buy a crappy car and use it for a couple months then sell it to get your money back or set it on fire.

I rented through Lyft and saved up pretty quickly to buy a very reliable car for $4k. I think it’s funny all these people telling him not to do it. It seems like most of them haven’t rented and I have and I had a good experience with it.

Well, it all depends on the market you’re in.
But it is well known that renting a car from them is a bad idea.
How many hours a week did you work to save up for that and pay the rental cost?
Also how long did it take to get to your goal?

I was in Boston and I made bank. Also if you hit a certain amount of rides per week they took money from the rental so it ended up being $100 or less per week to rent the car. I worked around 50 hours per week. I only did it for a month or so as a temp thing before I got another job, but I was able to save up almost half the cost of my new vehicle, pay rent in Boston, and live comfortably. As a recent grad in between school and a job, it worked for me.

Ahhh. I see. In your last post, you said you saved up $4,000 just driving. But in this message, it’s less than $2,000?
You bought a $4,000 car though. Where did the $2000+ come from?
You also paid for rent and lived “comfortably”.
I see holes in your story…

With you being a recent grad, I’m going to go out on a limb and say your parents have been helping you out since you left home.

No actually I’ve supported myself since I was 16. I got a full scholarship to college. Poke holes all you want, I was happy with the gig and it was a good transition job. I borrowed the other half to buy the car. Before that I worked as a bike courier so it was a real break for me.

Totally not worth it.
The ONLY plus to it is you get a brand new car.
When all is said and done you make nothing leasing through Fair Tech.
Many contracted car dealerships pulled out of being a partner with UBER.
Primarily because the dealerships were losing money.

What I don’t get is how everyone says it’s not worth it. If you rent with Lyft and drive enough, the weekly payment is very low. I put over 66,000 Miles on my car, so renting is a good option for me. The people saying it isn’t worth it, how much do you drive and do you consistently earn $1k or more per week? Just curious.

Not sure about renting but leasing in my market runs about $400 a week. Now that may include insurance but doesn’t cover you other primary expense which is gas. The way I see it, it’s not worth it to me cause I don’t want to live in my car, which is what I would have to do because of how much driving I’ll be doing, trying to get ahead.

It can be as low as $40 a week. I typically drive over 100 trips a week anyway. Even though I won’t get a PDB anymore, I can still make $1,000 a week or more without all the miles on my personal vehicle. That’s what I’m looking at.

That sounded too good to be true. I already do about 120 trips a week for Uber, and I have a Maven rental while my car is in the shop. It’s $250/wk because it’s an Impala which is all they had at the time, probably because no one would use an Impala for rideshare. I wonder why they even have them. Thx