Drove a very very intoxicated couple home from the bar last night

If I understand correctly the issue for me is it doesn’t sound like one knew the other paid and you knew this and took advantage. If you stated “she already tipped” and he insisted that’s one thing if you didn’t I doubt you feel bad now. My SO and I almost double tipped a valet while completely sober. I gave him the money anyway for being honest and saying “I was already tipped”

It happened to me same thing (I got $50 cash on top of $10 ride from drunk guy). Next day he repotted to Uber I ask him to pay cash and promised don’t charge his card. They blocked me, I called Uber, told them he lied and explain the situation with all details. They activated me again, sent me a warning email (looks like automaticity generated) and let me keep all money.

I’ve been given $250 by an intoxicated person, it’s your blessing

It’s only bad, if they were passed out when you reached in their wallet and took the money. It doesn’t seem you did that. So your conscience will be clear

One time a guy did that to me after hitting the wineries with his friends and took out a wad of cash and looked at the money, looked at me and said here you go I’mma take care of you and handed me a crisp $100 bill, all I said to help my conscious is, “are you sure you want to give me this”. He paused, reflected and gave me a $10, no regrets to this day but I know had I took that $100 both of us would have regretted that :confused:

I would have done my “are you sure ?? this Is way to much”. And hoped they said “don’t worry about it.” If so. My money.

Drunks always over tip. Take the money and run. My motto is translated from the Latin and used by our Marine Corps. “Doing God’s work with other people’s money!” Enjoy your vacation!

If it was a mistake, they shouldn’t drink. Either way, it is a lot less than a DUI.

Look at it this way-if they’re THAT drunk to shell out $134, let them learn a lesson on controlling their drinking.

They were out having a good time probably with friends, good food, good music. Yeah they got drunk but they were respectful of you and your car.
There’s something to be said for going out and knowing you’re going to have a good time. It’s costs good money to do that and not worry about getting home safe.

Never spend money out of your own pocket. Some people are just dope and have money

I did an UberEats delivery one time-Downtown, one way street, one lane, no parking, so I had to go around the block. He called and said he would meet me outside when I came back around. He handed me folded up cash that I stuck in my pocket. Later when I pulled out my tips I saw he had given me $50. I called him and said he had already paid on the app. He said it was his first time using Eats and didn’t know how it worked and he said that since I was honest with him for me to keep it.

If they had that much cash after a night of drinking they werent drunk. They would have been flat broke. I have gotten big tips before, it helps you through the slow times with no tips

It’d be easy for me to say “I would have told them to tip me in the app” because “I’m not going to take advantage of drunk people,” but if I saw a drunk guy flash a big bill and I’m light on funds for the month, I honestly don’t know whether I’d be honorable or just ignore my conscience and allow them to give me money (as long as I’m not shaking them down or actively digging in their pockets, right? and he came back to give you more…) Don’t fret too much about feeling guilty - once in a while, we get way more than we deserve and that’s okay, as it hopefully makes up for all those times someone said “I’ll tip you in the app” and didn’t!

Clearly they have enough and enjoy handing it out take the money don’t insult the nice folks

They had planned on spending it anyway. Drinking and entertainment isnt exactly investing their lifes savings. They had cash because they intended to spend that much by the end of the night. The rest is in the bank or invested

I have a rule. If I lose it or pass it to somebody else when I’m drunk, I screwed myself and it’s good to hope that the person in posession finds it helpful. Lol

I let the alcoholics suffer the consequences.
Take the money.
That will get them to AA sooner.

I say this is well worth what we deal with when driving drunks home, one there home safe no one got killed and no one got a fat ticket for driving drunk. We did them a huge favor and we had to put up with them on the way to their house so call it babysitting money but definitely earned however I would also feel guilty but not for taking it but because it was more than anyone would have tipped. Well deserved either way

U Had One Once Guy AND Girl Took them to her apartment and he goes really we could have walked here and hands me 150. I said you sure i only took you 6 blocks he said yeah. It’s cheaper than a hooker…lol