Drivers, how do you normally handle pings with long pick up times?

How u gonna suggest to him what to do and he’s the driver. Lol If thats what he wants to do then thats what he wants to do. I woulda told u mind ur business you not making his money.:woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5: fyi 10-15 is long af!

I decline 15 min pings because I have been burned too many times. Remember 15 min out is usually 15 min back, And it never fails it will be a 1/2 mile $3 trip. Just not worth it most of the time.

Wow - this is an interesting thread for me - I live in a town where it take 10-12 mins to get from one side to the other, so a 15 min ride time is NORMAL! I would have accepted them all!

I take them as they come. I try to get all of them and have 100% acceptance rate

If it’s consecutive boost time I do not accept long of pings my goal is to get as many rides in that 2 to 3 hours. I generally won’t accept a long pic up only if it comes with a surge that makes it worth my while or an XL early in the morning or very late at night if I need the right to reach my bonus I will reconsider the distance

Sometimes I do sometimes I don’t…depends on the different variables of it at the time

Interesting comment Edward Watson :joy: how about letting people do whatever they feel like doing ?

His Car, His Rules. If There Are Consequences, He’s The One That Has To Deal With Them. We All Need To “Stay In Our Lane” Literally.

I wouldn’t bother driving that far either unless the surge is really high on that ride

I have a question about this. As I was stuck in the Worcester rush hour shit show, I kept turning down reqs, cuz it would say “whatever time p/u”, but I had the same or greater time on my drop, and traffic was a bitch to boot. Does it take all that into consideration when notifying riders? Or is the consensus that they should be aware of traffic conditions?

I’ll tell you what I do NOT do: allow ANYONE riding in my vehicle to tell me how to run MY business.

I don’t blame that driver for declining those. I would have declined them as well. Ever since Uber started confiscating half of my fares, I’ve gotten V E R Y selective. It’s my car and my gas so I decide how far I’ll drive to pickup, and that’s not very far. If they would pay me empty miles from the time I get the ping to the pickup location, I’d be willing to go farther. I’m not driving 10-15 minutes to pick up a potential $2.62 fare.

Well i accept as many as im able because amarillo is flooded with drivers

If it’s so flooded with drivers why does it take 14 minutes to get to the ride? If it was flooded with drivers it should only take less than five minutes to go anywhere

I pick up everyone. I don’t care how far. If they’re willing to wait, I’ll go. I get big tips that way.

Longer than 10minutes away is a decline from me! My area is too busy to waste gas and time just getting there.

Over 9 min away I decline 95% of the time. My experience is the chance that someone over 9 min away will cancel the ride is over 50%. In LA, that’s not worth the gamble.

That is more of a lyft issue in my market as we are extremely over saturated with Uber. If Uber(or Lyft) asked me to drive more than 10 minutes, on a slow day, I would decline every time.