Drivers, how do you normally handle pings with long pick up times?

It’s a tough call. Depends on how busy I am. A 15 min pickup, waiting 5 min for pax, followed by a 10 min drive can result in about $3.50 for a half hour.

I’ll take any long ones in the morning cause I know they are going to work or at least somewhere with good distance

Anything past 7-8 minutes I usually decline. Only time I’ll accept is if I’m close to hitting a bonus and just have a few more to go.

It makes sense total sense to drive 20 minutes for a $4 ride. said no one. We are business owners. We are here to make money

Dont worry, people who orders Pool have plenty of time to waste, they are not in hurry.

I would suggest to you that you mind your own business, take your 1 star passenger rating and keep moving. Obviously you don’t drive much if you are going to drive 10-15 minutes to pick up a passenger that wants a round trip 2 minute ride to 7-11 to get a beer. Personally I’m not leaving a surge area when I’m getting pinged left and right to waste time driving that far. Point is, as independents we make the choice, there are 100 reasons how one operates their business. There is no cookie cutter way to do it. Sorry but you have no business suggesting anything to anyone.

Yesterday I picked up a pax and drove him to to what is voted one of the 10 most dangerous cities in the USA . While there I got constant ride requests and declined them all then turned off the app until I got to a safer spot My pax said its almost impossible to get a ride in this area.

I don’t consider driving for Uber as providing a service other than one which will benefit ME, if me driving them costs me time/money I will not accept that ride…I drive to make money.

The only time I ever drove more than 10 minutes was at 3:30 am on a Monday morning. I needed 1 more ride for bonus, and I was thinking he was going to the airport, which he did. I also got $8 pickup fee. That one worked in my favor. I also rarely accept pools.

Must b nice to b busy enough to feel u have tge option. 1 i take everything 2 i like longer ones

I decline any ride over 10 mins, I’m not driving 15 minutes to take a 4 min ride around the block, and in 2.5 years of doing this…that’s 98% of them. No thanks

I’ll take that long pickup fee any day. 1.21 per mile + .15 per minute after 11 minutes. The ones I might not are the 8-11 minutes away. Nee at least 15 minutes away for it to workout.

They were long because it took into account how long it would take to drop you off. It was probably 5 minutes from your destination. They were just giving him his next ride near you

I accept any and all rides no matter how long or short they are. I need the money!

I Target an area when it is booming. Basically 3 streets which have endless bars and clubs. I aim to complete a ride every 10-15 minutes and have another one lined up. Doing this, I can make 25-50 $ per hour

I always accept long rides. You necer know where itll take you. How long the trip will be and im just not up to lose oppertunities. Unless im in cleveland after an airport drop. Then ill go back to akron before i start again

What if the driver had to use the restroom? Or get gas? Or was done for the day? Not your business!! I’m not going to tell a rider I have to pee! Geez! Not a rider’s business why we accept or decline rides!

Sometimes, the ping is near the destination of the pax. Especially if their trips remaining minutes are the same as the request. Basically a drop off & an immediate pickup.

On Xl dont get the fee so i dont pic anyone up more than 10 min away and i dont drive x

We don’t HAVE to accept anything that we don’t want. Uber/Lyft haven’t been able to deactivate drivers due to low acceptance rates for over 2 years now.
Smart drivers choose their trips carefully. Drivers with a 100% acceptance rate, well, they’re working harder than they need to