Drivers are always on here begging for advice on how to better maximize their time driving and how to make more money

I agree they are but you got to focus on the peak hours 4am to 7 am and I’m done for the morning then I’ll start again at 6pm to 10 pm bit considering how much me time I got its a good trade off

I sympathize with your position. Collective action, as the name of this group implies, is the answer to many if not all problems rideshare drivers face. Sadly, the ignorance, desperation and fear so prevalent among Atlanta drivers make such joint efforts a near impossibility. Too few are willing to learn, risk or sacrifice.

This tactic you and others often suggest is believed by many to be ineffective, but I think perhaps they are mistaken. My reasoning is this: Why would Uber maintain the threat of deactivation for this method of surge manipulation if it was ineffective? It’d be like applying insect repellent in the absence of bugs.

DISCLAIMER: Don’t go saving I told any of you to do this. I am not your leader.

People situtations are also a factor me i do agree that the drivers should take a stand but their are some of us who wont be able to due to financial situtation.

This isnt a woe is me but myself as an example

Last year my mother and I was working she unfortunately had a heart attack and loss her job. Now everything is on me to take care of the household plus my financee.

Asking someone who dealing with so much to turn off and fight when they have to work to well survive barely is alot and harsh.

Supply and demand that’s how the surge works. It tells you when there aren’t enough drivers it will surge so yes it works

Uber and Lyft have access to your location wether your in driver mode or not. They have full access “While using the App”. So it just has to be pulled up, not in driver mode. You can verify this info under your Location settings. One of them (Uber I think) requires location access “While Using App”. LYFT wants 24/7 location access.

I see surges decrease in the perfect little shape around my icon when I drive through sometimes, not in driver mode. It’s clear they are using location to manipulate surges. However, apps off at airport have worked. Maybe because there’s no other option to alert other drivers of the high demand.

That doesn’t matter. People could be sleep in their cars or unwilling to drive. Online is all that matters.

So in your opinion what causes Primetime or surge… Even though they may know your location if you’re not in driver mode they can’t count you effectively that’s why they entice you by raising the fairs to sign on

he’s saying turn apps off wait until the surge gets to a certain level then turn it on. Get you a good long ride and then on to the next ride.

If you are a The Tabernacle and get a ride with no surge and then it surges to 3.0 which ride makes more sense?

How many uber and lyft drivers do we have in this city? Now do the math . This is not the union you roll full time or part time with another job or with out but at the end of the day if you happy with your dollars then everything else is whoop dee doo!

Here is why it doesn’t always work. Do you see the straight edge on the northern part of the surge? All the passengers were standing above it looking for rides. Didn’t matter if you had your app off or not, you weren’t getting a surge ride. Surge is easily manipulated, and it’s a great tool to get drivers into a particular area. The passengers North of this area has trouble getting rides…But Uber wasn’t going to let them pay surge.

You can turn off your app, but unless you turn off your location service, Uber and Lyft still know where you are. They don’t track the app, they track your location.

I was waiting on someone to be smart enough to give the correct answer. Doesn’t matter if your app is on or off it matters about your location which is always tracked via app when you first sign in. unless it’s manually turned off when you’re turning off your app then maybe just maybe it may work.

How are you going to coordinate when, where, and hoe long? Remember, every driver is not in this group…How do you account for the weekend warriors…Not trying to be an ass. Just trying to understand.

Not sure if a lot of y’all have been pax before driving like myself. But when I see it surge I would wait it out, catch public transportation, or give it to someone that’s going my way. Yes surging is ripping pax off because we want the same cheap prices we’ve been paying to get home quicker. half the time surging is more than a regular cab. Now as a driver I would love surge for the extra money but not at the cost of ripping ppl off. Sorry if I have a heart and/or conscious.

You want to make things easier on yourself here’s a tip. Make business cards list your hours and give to your pax. Build clientele tell them pass it to their friends and family. Have them text or call you when they need a ride and when you get to their area have them request uber or lyft so it can go directly to you. I’ve done it when I lived in Florida and I was making double the money then a person running around crazy. I had steady clientele to the point where I was only using the apps for my regulars. I put my hours on my card so they knew my schedule. Plus it was a bit more safer for both of us. Only time I picked up other ppl is when my schedule changed at last min or I was bored but after building my clientele I was brining in about 3-400/day including tips. Regulars tip more and every time (from my experience) I went from full to parttime at my job cause I was making more. Double on weekends from my regular females, beach drunk regulars, and late night dance regulars. :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5: just a tip that worked lovely for me. Best $10 spent on business cards of 500.

I’m sure you along with others and myself have had many surge rides. I’ve never once said they were all like me. I’ve only stated “from my experience”.

I’m sure you along with others and myself have had many surge rides. I’ve never once said they were all like me. I’ve only stated “from my experience”.

Just checked my online booking site. I have 3 rides for Monday, 4 for Tuesday, and 3 for Thursday. Let’s see… at an average of $55 plus tip that should work out to… Around $600? Give or take $20. Total time driving, between 15 and 17 hours. I guess you can make close to $700 a week.

Depend on your overhead and attitude toward money…If you’re an accustomed…fake it to make it type…you’ll always operate in the Grey no matter what gig you do

…If youre more than satisfied with just covering basic expenses and be done with it…you’ll lean more towards sticking ro the black and white.