DoorDash is a door to door delivery service providing transportation services for food, groceries and prepared meals. The DoorDash system of work is quite simple. Drivers for DoorDash open their app and start to receive requests. DoorDash requires their drivers to prepare a schedule six-day ahead, and drivers can enter a shift If another driver does not appear online for work. Usually, the customer places the order with the restaurant, and all you have to do is collect it. Other times the order is in the app, and the driver must place it with the restaurant and pay for it with the company credit card, the "Red Card" provided to all drivers by DoorDash. There are instances that DoorDash support will place the order and the driver only needs to pay for it at pick up with the "Red Card." Approximately one hour before a shift starts you will have to select the area you want to work in, all the requests and deliveries will be limited to the area you choose.
DoorDash has partnered with many local providers and small businesses in an easy manner. Access to the partner's online account enables them to update their menu items, offer discounts and maintain stock levels online.
DoorDash operates all year round and its driver's volunteer for work; they are not company employees but private contractors providing the main service for both customer and company.
Drivers do not need to own a car; there are many of delivery vehicle options available, all you need to be able to do is provide adequate transportation methods to meet clients orders.
DoorDash is currently available in Arlington, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, LA Valley, Los Angeles, Lower Manhattan, Minneapolis, Oakland and East Bay, Orange County, Palo Alto, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose and Silicon Valley, Washington, D.C.
Payment is made once every Tuesday and can be transferred by PayPal, direct digital transfer to an account or debit card provider. Driving for DoorDash does not include all the transportation expenses, so take into account gas, insurance, maintenance and local or State fees.
Promo Codes 
DoorDash Promo Code $15 Sign up Bonus: C857w7
New customers will receive a first time delivery for free. When signing onto DoorDash choose the email and app notification option, this will connect you with all the promos offered on the various social media sites.
There is also a limited list of popular coupons available in certain sites, and they provide discount codes such as DASH20 and LUVFOOD, these codes appear every so often in a year, and it is a shame to miss them. It is also possible to redeem and save codes for future use, just make sure of the coupons time limit.
Codes and coupons can be redeemed through sites that include GrubHub, Eat24, and Foodspotting, as well as Groupon.
Codes are valued at around $10 to $15, and the delivery usually comes to that amount. However, if you get a cheaper delivery, the remainder will still be yours to use for another order.
It's always best to save the discounts for large orders or special occasions.
DoorDash support can be reached:
DoorDash Driver Information
DoorDash has some basic requirements for application, they are:
- The applicant is 18 years or older
- Has a vehicle or bicycle, car, truck, motorcycle, or scooter
- Owns an iPhone or Android smartphone
- Valid US Driver's license
- Insurance card with name on policy
- A social security number (background check)
- Pass the background and driving record check
- Pass an orientation interview online or in person
DoorDash requires a background check for the last seven years, so make sure you have no prior offenses or driving offenses. Checkr performs all the background checks.
DoorDash Driver(Dasher) Sign Up & Sign on Bonus : Referral Code: 2063515451
- Go to DoorDash.com/Apply
- Enter Referrer Phone Number: 2063515451 if asked
- You may be eligible for Sign Up Bonus up to $300 depending on your city
DoorDash Drivers Income
- Drivers get paid a flat fee only of around $6.00 to $8.00 per delivery and around $10 to $25 per hour.
- Drivers get all the tip amounts tipped by a customer through the app after the delivery has been completed.
- The income generated by deliveries is paid to them on a weekly basis.
You need to be aware of what all this is about:
- An orientation invitation or e-mail for on-boarding is a sign you have passed the application process.
- Remember you are a courier, this means you are going to be a part-time driver since this is not a full-time job.
- The orientation is held in their local offices.
- The group size per orientation is between five to twenty new couriers.
- Don't just rely on the orientation and your perception of what it's about. Try to find out as much from experienced couriers; they know a lot of time-saving details.
- The best times to work are during rush hours, meal times, weekends and holidays.
- The DoorDash insurance covers one million dollars in excess liability insurance, including up to fifty thousand dollars in medical expenses. Bike owners get a one million dollars general liability clause.
- DoorDash gives all their drivers a credit card for paying in credit at the merchants. Couriers do not pay in cash; this is a no cash service and if there are issues with the credit card you do not pay for the items with your own money, ever!
- Merchants are divided into three categories: Deep Partners, merchants that have online times in the DoorDash catalog and the prices are fixed and not estimated. General Partner that have prices in the catalog, but sometimes they can be different than the actual price and non-partners, these merchants do not appear in the online catalog, customers add them at their discretion. Some of them are cash only, so they are refused and "blacklisted" in the online merchant's list.
- Make sure your bike (if you are not using a car) has a protected and firmly secured carry box, and is large enough for big orders.
- Unlike ride-share companies, you are not limited to where you can drive and work, so if you live near a State line, you can deliver it.
Who is behind DoorDash?
DoorDash was started by Stanley Tang, Andy Fang, Tony Xu, and Evan Charles Moore who founded the company through the app they developed in 2013.