Being polite pays

So it’s 6:45pm on Friday Night, I picked up this older lady on Select, and she jumps in the car and says to hold on coz she’s waiting for some guy, he is on his way home, just a little late coz he was stuck in traffic. I start the ride, and I’m kinda a little pissed off coz they’re just going down the road (about a mile or so to a restaurant) and I already know how this story is gonna end. Anyways after 5 minutes of waiting, I politely ask her how much longer he’s gonna be… and she says he will be here soon. She was very polite, trying to make small-talk about my car & my music, and while I’m pissed on the inside I just keep talking to her nicely (no short, abrupt responses or anything) and after about 10 minutes she says dont worry about the wait, “I’m gonna take care of you” and she starts fumbling in her purse… I’m thinking she’s probably gonna give me a $5 tip for a $8.95 ride (sigh!) :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

The guy finally arrives after another 8-9 minutes… kinda a younger looking gentleman and he apologizes that he was late… I stay friendly and just smile. He asks if Uber pays us for waiting time, and I say they pay us pretty much the minimum, almost nothing, and he says he owns a Dealership and you know how busy that can be & the traffic home… and that he is very sorry to keep us waiting and he starts fumbling in his pocket, and in the meantime I hear the lady zipping up her purse in the background. Sh!!!t… I remember sitting there thinking… “F#*% there goes my bloody tip”… :confounded::triumph::rage: … I’ll be lucky if this guy manages to squeeze $2 out of his pocket, coz you know, the cocky ones usually give you almost nothing. Anyways, he starts the usual small-talk with me, and asks me if I do anything else on the side, and how long I’ve been driving for Uber bla bla bla… and we start chatting, me staying very cordial trying my best not to show my irritation… keeping it friendly… and 5 minutes later as we pull up to the final destination, he hands me a crispy $100 dollar bill :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: and tells me that he appreciates my time & patience, and mentions how nice it was that I wasn’t pissed off… and didnt have an attitude… and tells me to have a Fabulous Evening!!! I sat there SPEECHLESS for a minute wondering if he’s made a mistake… he just smiles, winks and walks away…

Very Very RARE stuff… but what a way to start my Friday!!! My 1st ride tonight…

Happy Cinco De Mayo Cabrónes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::laughing::innocent::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::yum:

Bruh I love passengers like that. Plus really there is no need to get that mad because the next rider will get the brunt of it and so on. Good job on keeping cool and the reward justified you being an UBER pro.

You shouldn’t be pissed off in the first place. Your still making money. Change your mindset. And things like this will happen more often instead of “knowing how the story is gonna end.”

Uber Black Driver here, you won’t get far with your mindset bud. I see Benji’s on the daily, and still smile when I only get $1. :sunglasses:

Uber Black driver.

It’s engrained in you to accept that kinda behavior bc you’re used to dealing with snooty pricks. It’s UberX. That’s hella inconsiderate

Hopefully those Benjamins keep rolling everyone’s way every week. Have a good weekend everyone.

Rare stuff is the patience you displayed. You think no one notices and appreciates it until one person does. You’re touching lives :+1:t5::+1:t5::+1:t5:

Play the mega millions with that’s one of a kind story​:joy::joy::joy:

Today is just special day. My husband found a $100 bill in the grass.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, but treat everyone like they are a potential $100 tipper. (It’s easier said than done, but I try!)

:fu::neutral_face::fu:
#TeamJealous:sweat_smile:
Outstanding for you though :+1::smiley::+1:
Keep up the good work!:grinning:

That’s awesome man!!! Keep up the hard work

Told you good people tip, tip jars may help but good people always tip

Ubering is like a box of chocolates… You never know what you going to get!! :grin::grin:

60$ is my biggest so far it was a crazy journey to say the least.

See, it pays off sometimes! Great story. I hope something like that happens to me tonight! Btw 2- 100 dollar bills have been my largest tip❤

You just learned why it’s extremely important to be cordial even through your frustration. I’ve had similar happen. Well done sir.

You’re right! But you know how most of the rides end… with a simple thank you after you’ve waited for almost 15-20 minutes sometimes. No Tip! That can be frustrating…

Very true. Most of them certainly end that way. 1 out of 100 gets you $100 lol.

It helps if you have an ‘Uber Select’ vehicle as your chances for running into the super-rich increases exponetially.