Are we REQUIRED to claim our mileage?

You are NOT entitled to the fruits of my labors! You think the Gov’t just pulls this money out of thin air?! Fuck no! They steal it from people like me who PAY MORE IN TAXES THAN YOU GROSS IN A YEAR!!! No one is entitled to any money from the Gov’t, they only think they are because it benefits them. I will judge people who claim the EITC, because getting back more than you paid in is tantamount to theft! #TaxationIsTheft

you sure are a judgemental fucker aren’t ya? Houston makes more in a couple days than you do in a month, guaranteed. Has his own house. Owns over $150,000 worth of vehicles. Does Uber when he’s bored and wants to socialize with random people, not because he needs extra cash.

People out here are all bigger assholes than I am. It’s nice to have people get in my vehicle, talk to them, listen to their stories and just generally converse with someone who doesnt suck to be around. I deal with the smelly ones, the dirty ones, the drunk ones, but picking 7 people up from a wedding reception and having them cram in my crew cab ram, or picking up pilots from the airport that have been flying a person all over the world for the last three months is what I drive for. People can still be cool. Some of my pax have proven it.

So I made 7,400 and 2,000 in gas and expenses how much should I get back on taxes

Here is my question… is there a happy medium. Can you deduct some of your miles, but not so many that you lose your earned income tax credit? Thay would increase how much you get back if you can write off just enough miles.

Either trust a person that you hire as an expert (tax guy, doctor, lawyer etc) or hire one that you do trust.

They study a representative sample of drivers and determine a ratio of online tips to cash tips or fairs to cash tips

I have worked at liberty and the software is the same just with a different name.
Turbo tax is so beautifully easy I’m truly surprised more people do not use it and it has an opt to add professional agent in case anything arises like to audit

ot according to the IRS, you can’t eliminate valid expenses to increase earned income credit, it is tax fraud.

And it would be tough to explain how you generated ride share income without any mileage, I wouldn’t want to be your defense attorney. lol

I’ve worked and run a liberty tax.
And we would hire help in October and train til Jan
Or hire first of year and train for a week or two
The reason she said has to enter All Info is because it is in the training to enter all Info from every form to never leave a blank unless it is blank on form
But it is truly easier than everyone thinks just get turbo tax +(uber has a free option) and just take time and do it yourself
And as a business it is always best to enter all expenses but you don’t have to. And you do have the option of claiming gas cost instead of mile but the biggest deduct is by actually using milage

Do your taxes with TurboTax. It will save you hundreds. And no you don’t have to claim it. Heck you can claim as little as you want.

File it yourself. Not that hard. And no she can’t make you claim it but they probably have software that make you take the most deductions. Plus they are not accountant. Just took a class on how to.prepare taxes with liberty software

It will probably be a wash and since they don’t issue 1099’s you can probably let it slide this year since you already filed. Odd’s of an audit are almost as slim as winning the lottery in your situation.

What you are trying to do is fraud. If you are going to do it you will have to do it yourself as tax professionals don’t want to lose their job for your fraud!

Never got a 1099 so I’m reporting it from the summary. Just frustrated to not have an actual 1099. Because the summary gives multiple amounts: gross trip earnings, then they subtract out expenses fees and tax. And give me a net payout amount. I’m assuming I report the net pay out amount? And not those other two amounts?

You report the gross, then the fees are a business expense write off. And you can get all the numbers from both lyft and uber if you look carefully. You get it from the app from uber, that’s what my tax rep did.

Get QuickBooks self employed. It does everything and I just paid my quarter tax through the program