Are we REQUIRED to claim our mileage?

I do my own with turbo tax, I have checked with “professionals” like h&r block and liberty tax and I always get myself back more money than they do. Those companies do not have your best interest in mind. All they care about is what they are making off you

It’s legally NET income earned tax credit. If you don’t figure your true NET income you are committing tax fraud. Just sayin. She’s right. Liberty tax is right.

I’ve met people who claim fewer deductions, and pay more in tax, in order to show a high enough income to be able to qualify for a bank loan. I doubt the extortionists will go after someone who’s paying more than they legally owe; though I suppose it could be different when dealing with qualifying for credits.

And it’s not as hard as you may think, common sense and you can get through it. Turbo tax walks you through everything step by step and has live support 24/7 if you need it. But I have never needed it as they make it simple as it can get.

she’s trying to make it where another form is created, hence more $$$!!! go somewhere else!!! mileage is NOT a “requirement”…

if you’ll pull up the form from irs.gov, and the instructions, and follow LINE BY LINE, you CAN do them for yourself…i promise…it is NOT rocket science…all those tax places are trying to do is charge by the FORM!!! the more forms they can create, the more they can charge…

And, you can call irs directly and ask a tax question. They just cant answer every single form line for line. Ive done it.

I’m glad you posted this, cause I have no 1099 for 2017, probably cause I literally only made $300 lol

You problem is yiu are using a paid tax service and you are paying them to maximize your deductions not your return. Tgey are more concerned with if you will aue them if you get audited. If you get audited and owe money then you can sue them for the mistake you are asking them to make. If you do not want to take the deduction you will need to file yourself. I do not think you will find a paid preparer that will do what you are asking.

Hmmm it sounds like you should go to someone else. It’s pretty easy to say oh shit, I forgot to track my miles… oh well.

You are running a business. In other income, you put driver for Uber, then you report what you made. You are not being dishonest and if ever audited, you told the truth.

I own a business and decide what I wright off. I don’t see why it would be any different.

Its your choice. I noticed Jackson Hewitt doesnt want to help me do my taxes my way she wants her way or the highway.

Just don’t claim them you’ll find out down the road … if your not getting the answer here then do turbo tax they’ll let u know.

She did that because if u get audited and something flags u or urs finds mistakes… it falls on her

Umm that doesn’t make sense… I claimed EIC for 1 child and my mileage… Your numbers aren’t adding up. I always operate at a loss. What are you writing off?

The Tax Summary has the same info as the 1099

I went to liberty tax as I do every year. I didnt care for this particular preparer so I left. Used Turbo Tax got my self back the same amount but with out having to pay them $400 for getting it.

Go somewhere else… why are you asking us? That EITC you’re talking about is paid from our taxes. Who do you think you are? What makes you think you’re entitled to our money? GTFO

The operative word there is “payer”, which he is not. If he takes more in than he pays out, he is not a taxpayer, he is an EITC recipient.

Throughout the year he PAYS taxes with through his REGULAR job. Why fault him for something the GOVERNMENT is allowing for those that don’t earn over a certain amount? The EIC is a credit, that he so ends up getting a refund on taxes he already paid because his income is below a certain amount.

You don’t understand this… I’m not wasting any more time trying to explain basic morals and ethics.