You want tips? Go the extra mile

Funny thing about choice… we’re CHOOSING to do this job and they’re CHOOSING to make it as miserable as they possibly can by CHOOSING to have a BAD ATTITUDE.

I really enjoy the driving. I was in the nursing area for 30+ years. I believe if you don’t want to do the job you’re being paid to do, then change it and do what you want to do. Just don’t sit & complain and do nothing about it.

Do EXACTLY the same as you and every single passenger of mine is always grateful and courteous. I don’t always get tips but when I do, they’re usually at least $5. Tonight, I received $35 from 1 passenger AND they bought me dinner because they wanted to make an extra stop at the drive thru before going home after a night out drinking!

Treat your customers as you wish to be treated! It’s simple!

Thank you four your post!

I’m all about customer service .I usually get tips do I believe 650.00 in 10 days no !! Especially not in Idaho !! I don’t believe in complaining but several do .They come to vent

Part of your experience is dictated by the market. I’m glad you are making good tips. Please keep us updated on your tip situation and rating as you continue. How many rides have you done total? Are you driving full time or part time. Which market do you drive? Which hours do you drive?

I am online from when I wake up to when I pass out, usually 8am until 2am. East Idaho market. Slow demand with high rates. I’m at a 4.97 rating with 71 trips completed so far

18 hours in a 24 hour period is a violation of DOT regulations in my state. I would expect to clear $1200-1500 a week with those kind of hours but that actually sounds very dangerous tbh. Good luck!

Lyft will cut you off impossible the system won’t let you log on unless you’ve had 6 hours rest .Before starting again.
I’m driving 3 yrs 4.97 Uber Lyft 5.0
If you alternate you can get away with it but not cool

You get it, good customer service always brings it, these drivers that cry are the losers that aren’t making it, I drive 40-50 hours a week payout average 1200-1500 from uber, plus 300 plus a week in tips, last night on a 180.00 ride I got 65.00 tip. You,re doing it right, keep ubering on.

What size vehicle do you have? Our market is over saturated and I hear of no one pulling in those numbers. Great job.

A lot depends on market. Yes attitude can make a big difference as can snacks and water. But a lot of people simply won’t tip no matter what. Also with the service fee and upfront pricing pax think we are getting a lot more then we are. I explained a few times how it works because people thought we got more. They didn’t realize on a $10 ride that we only got $6.11 and the minimum rides we are only getting $2.25

Not going to argue about whether it’s worth it or not, but my guess is folks in Idaho are quite a bit more friendly and willing to tip anyone compared to most other locales.

Nice one thing on the snacks or at least we’re I uber lots of Spanish population and usually sometime in the day I’ll have a mom and her kids , try and make sure if you have some kind of snacks there Nut free because of alergys

It is also we’re u uber I uber in Chicago , but hit up a wedding from reception hall back to hotel back to reception hall , all night every one was from Nebraska ,and every one felt they needed to tip the extreamly nice uber driver from Chicago all night

Kudos to y’all providing snacks…do whatever works for y’all…lol. It’s expensive to live n NJ and I have 2 kids. I’ll just continue to give good conversation(if they feel like it lol), help put their bags in my trunk, and use my automatic door to open it for them for the tips I do get.

I provide help for their groceries, candy, chargers great conversation and make them laugh. Sometimes they tip. Stay pleasant and if they don’t want to talk I tune into my radio.

Negative… if you save the numbers used for the calls, you can text the numbers. I have 3 numbers for lyft and general use the same one. The other two are rarely used. Typically only when getting second request while driving current passenger.

This is your driver, [your name here]. I will be arriving at your pick-up location shortly. I have phone chargers and bottled water available upon request. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your experience more enjoyable. Please buckle up. Tips are not included in the fare. Tips are not required but your drivers do greatly appreciate them. Please remember to give your drivers a 5 star ☆☆☆☆☆ Rating if you enjoyed your ride!

I hope your attitude keeps up forever. I’m 9 months in, and struggle on a daily basis. Because, people can be mean. Uber really doesn’t care if they are. And you’ll see your rating drop and feel like crap, and you did nothing. But chin up. It’s not you. You don’t think this now, like I didn’t my first month. But trust me. You’ll feel it. Don’t give up, don’t give in to crummy people. I still have snacks and water and everything, but I also have a tip box. I resisted forever about 7 months. Then you see. Just saying, no I’m very grateful for this gig, but also? There are things that are just mean. Like pax.

I thought Uber rules clearly state no eating in the vehicle? Is it different in different markets? And crackers? U vacuum after each ride? Not trying to be negative just sincerely wondering…