Yep! Definitely an EMPLOYEE Of a rideshare company

Exactly the reason why they should have left things alone. The rates were Fair in the beginning. Passengers appreciated the convenience It offered over taxis. Why reduce so much to where everyone is losing? Vehicles and maintenance Is Not cheap…

I am told these events are Uber’s model for success plz remember long term usage of the driver’s is not in that plan! They must keep pool low to keep that customers båse and remember it’s all about the fees. Tell you what get a hold of some old Huffington post they explained it well!!

What are you going to do about it? Y’all post and complain about this everyday what are you going to do not a damn thing!!!

Wishful thinking. Uber and lyft preached 80% driver and 20% for them. I’m just tried of drivers saying they never had this deal with the drivers.

Lmfao Just know when you work for uber you become a whore to the surge, you think your making money nope. They are balancing out your pay thru there algorithm which works great for the corporation. Notice you get surges, then a bunch of long waiting BS short rides a day after. There system is rigged well. I was loyal until i noticed they where robbing passengers with a extra fee(no surge) then when I asked a couple of times with the passenger. They didn’t like that. Me being a 4.96, 10k rides, over 5k, 5 stars, working 3 years and asking questions, fighting for a couple of passengers and questioning my pay rate. Well the got my app frozen, basically terminated. They sent Chekr in, used my BS misdemeanor from 2013 against me, this happen in nov 2017, they knew about the BS charge and it was nothing bad, but enough to get me off the the system. With that being said, shut up, take it in the ass. OR simply switch to Team Lyft. uber used to be good, now it’s time to praise the new Owner of Uber. Guy is truly promoting himself, screw the driver.

This is “Pimp My Ride” in real life. We’re mobile franchise owners, pretty much. We pay for the right to use their brand - just like other licensees.

What else do you call a company’s logo that is provided to independent contractors primarily in the form of stickers and apps for use in privatized transportation?

So… not trying to hijack your thread… but… I had several trips that I was for sure in a surge zone but when paid… was not… they don’t show the surge area on the payout trips tab. How do I prove that I was? Besides running a rider app along with my driver app to take a screenshot?

Take a screenshot before you take off on the trip. Keep it to verify once your paid out.
Sometimes The surge will change on you by the time it’s shows on your screen and the time you accept it.

If you see a W2 form from the uber website, if got over 45% of your gross income. Uber now more bad than is was 2 yrs ago, and it’s get worse for driver, but not better. We need a lawyer who stands to keep our interest. Like drivers did in another states, California, Seattle…

To get some things we have to pay it’s called operation cost. If we united it’s gonna be small amount of contributions from an individual driver. But it’s not easy to bring people together

You should also add a collum, MILES driven on each ride. and see how much it cost to operate your car per mile too. i use the math (cost of car / 100,000 miles = cost per mile)

Should be 200k miles… if you have a good vehicle. Toyota and Honda is 200k Miles. My Prius comes to 20k with financing and warranty so it’s $.10 a mile. Overall I make about a $1.00 a mile on Uber (with surge, tips, minimum fares etc) Gas is 50mpg so $0.05. And with warranty should only need about $4,000 in maintenance, for $0.02. So 17 cents per mile, so 17 cents per $1.

If you want to know how much mile you have drove, you should get milelQ. Uber shows the distance from pick up to drop off. But you need how much mile you drive from login to logout

Fair enough, but my Honda Fit got to 200k without needing any repairs. Just saying the most reliable cars are 200k. I had to get the timing Belt, all fluids changed, water cooler(?) and spark plugs at 100k for about $2k. Otherwise it was just oil, tires, car washes, a couple of fuses and brakes. Toyota Prius is the same way. They are extremely reliable cars that usually go 200k without needing repairs. Toyota Prius is rated #1 in least maintenance required and Honda Fit is like number 4 on the list.

Drivers have ALWAYS gotten 75% of x-cents per mile and x-cents per minute. That equation has absolutely nothing to do with what the platform charges the rider.

I’m in the carpet cleaning business, some of the companies contract out their work…you use your own van, machine, chemicals and gas, and they take 50% of the price of the job…now that’s robbery! But some of the guys don’t know how to market their business…they have all the tools, but don’t know how to get the clients…company does the marketing, and takes 50%…so uber is not the only pimp

But I bet you’re still driving. :woman_shrugging:t5: It’s slot if complaints but you all continue to drive. You committed to driving for a percentage of your Mile and minutes earnings they just happened to be smart enough to word it that way.

Same ole, Same ole…
Doesn’t change the Fact that We’re getting screwed. I Don’t Care what they say… :ok_hand: