Wonder why people are always complaining about the money when they signed up knowing what the pay was

Cus some of us have been doing it since the rates were double. And used to make a hell of a lot more than we do now. Also, what some people think is good Money, may be poop to others.
If you are doing it to supplement social security, that’s one thing. But I can almost guarantee that most who rave about uber and lyft, don’t know much about rates in the transportation industry. This may be called Rideshare but it isn’t. It’s a TNC.
Rideshare would be you set where you are going and go, getting rides along the way only towards where you’re going.

Because they are NOT in this group and probably working a full time job plus supplementing with this (leaving not too much time for an actual life) … pls don’t judge…totally different circumstances.

It’s known as unrealistic expectations

If you have several share drivers vying for limited customers especially at certain times of the day, what can they realistically expect??

If you have 10 lemonade stands within the same square block…somebody’s not making money

That basic competition

Simple economics 101

Wawa defies simple economics 101 on a daily basis , with 6 store in less than a five mile radius. Just thought I’d put that out there. But, yes in this case that’s absolutely correct. The lehigh valley is suffering due to this because many drivers though it was the best idea to tell their friends how much money they make(used to make)to get a measly 50 buck referral payout. Not taking into consideration the basics, that’s what happens when people who don’t understand business decide to play boss because they are tired of being told what to do at jobs, and the fabled flexibility factor. They won’t last in the biz , unfortunately. This is a brutal front line filled with many vultures. I saw an ad on the Rideshare section of a website where some guy posted I’ll drive anywhere for 15 bucks an hour. Unless he is donating his car to charity there is no sense in it. The math doesn’t work. This is also the case for Rideshare payouts , the same people putting others on for 50 bucks and unwittingly diluting the market set the stage for the Rideshare company to exercise their up front pricing and take 50% of the fare from unwitting drivers who think they are making money till it’s tax time or repairs are needed.and the company won’t care one bit. In fact ,it’s part of the plan. They want a 6 month turnover, by the time you figure it out or something happens ,
hundreds more drivers have been added to your market. It’s actually a joke anymore. I used to make over $500 a day , those days are long gone. It’s like adding more and more gold fish to a fish bowl and only using the same amount of food. Lol. It’s not rocket science , and it fits some people’s dynamic. But a career out of Rideshare… that’s over.
A wise man once said,
What’s good for the driver isn’t good for the Rideshare company,and what’s good for the Rideshare company isn’t good for the driver. The simplicity of it is that the driver payouts are absolutely ridiculous, and if anyone thinks
they are not, then they have no formal knowledge of a transportation companies expenses and associated operating costs. And that’s what the transportation companies masquerading as credit card processing companies expect and want. While mercilessly shutting people off for three weeks at a time to better serve their needs by also geo fencing markets and limiting pick up zones. If it hasn’t hit your area yet , you will remember me when it does.
I don’t judge anyone, but facts are just facts. History can’t be rewritten no matter if it’s comprehended correctly or not, it just can’t. It is what it is.

you wondered why drivers complain. I understand your particular motive, and it’s all good, but, hopefully you’ve gained at least some insight as to how many drivers were wronged by Uber. Their ongoing unethical conduct never ends. The original drivers on the platforms when Uber came to their areas have felt the impact the most. Those drivers helped build business in those areas, only to have the rug pulled out from under them. Uber just lost another suit for false advertising from 2014-2015, and the FTC forced a payout to over 80k drivers for $218 each. Nowhere near the amount they profited. Black car drivers in Philly,… some lost 160k and only recovered $4800. Again, hopefully now you better understand the anger and that many have never been made whole again.