What do you do in idle time? Wait at one place or drive around?

(Zoran M) #1

Thoughts Uber and Lyft drivers???
Is is better to drive around waiting for a ride or staying in place???

(Javier Golan) #2

Think about that for a minute which one cost you money and wear and tear on your vehicle?

(Zoran M) #3

I mean that’s obvious yes, but was just curious of all opinions…some may see differently.

(Hassan) #4

I struggle with this a lot. If I stay in one place I save gas money, but at the same time staying put restricts the number of possible ride requests.

(Javier Golan) #5

Moving around also restricts the number of trip request you can get think of you move a hundred yards away now somebody else is closer to the person that would have gotten you.

(Jose Hernandez) #6

Unless those hundred yards puts me closer to a fare that someone else would have gotten if I hadn’t moved.

It’s a rough catch 22

(Mitchel) #7

I don’t usually have a problem w/ getting rides. Usually, I have a request before the current ride is over. BUT if I do wait. I find a place where I think it will be busy and wait. If I haven’t gotten a ride within 15min I find another place to wait. I like that way b/c 1. I’m not staying the entire time in a place w/ no requests but 2. I’m not wasting my gas driving around

(Jerry Hall) #8

I never stay in one place, I’m always moving. I have a route I take that depends on what time it is. And what part of the city I end up in. But I’m usually busy when I’m working, either I get my next ride before my last one is up or it may take 10 or 15 minutes rarely does it take 30 min. I never sit at the airport, it’s a waste of time.

(Suleman Bruno) #9

Keep driving. Riders can’t request you if you’re​ not near them. You can’t expect to get a ton of requests just from a small area.

(Javier Golan) #10

Depends where you’re sitting. You don’t want to sit in the bar area at 9 o’clock in the morning and you don’t want to be in the suburbs at 2 o’clock in the morning gotta be smart about it.

(Michaela Biksacky) #11

Depends on time of day; mornings, I have to drive around. Nights, I could stay in one place. I either find a hotspot in the city or go to the airport. The airport seems like consistent rides throughout day and night.

(Harry Tobias) #12

Uber is a people moving service. So, wait where the most people are likely to be on the move…and then wait for a ping. Knowing your area is invaluable. I don’t like to waste time in customarily dead areas.

(Bick Bhangoo) #13

Depends, if you’re new you’ll need to go through normal business growing pains of finding where your local demand is. After that, you find your fishing hole and set up!

(Trish Richardson) #14

I never sit unless I’m at the airport. Total waste of time. I can always find a ride. While you’re sitting in one spot, the driver that’s moving is getting your rides.