Waze been shitty lately

yeah but if you have to make a right and then a quick left will always tell you before you make your right?? Google Maps does

so does WAZE. At least mine does. It says turn right at _____ then turn left at ____. The little arrow is just another visual.

I’ve used both for thousands of rideshares I prefer Google and I’ve done over 10,000 between Uber and Lyft

I’m knocking on the door of 13,000 on Uber alone. I’ve got about 2,000 on Lyft. I’ve been driving Rideshare about 3 1/2 years. I prefer WAZE.
I figure each driver has their favorite GPS system and should use the one they prefer. It’s like many things in life. Some like Android and some like Apple. Both do the job.

All GPS has been kind of shity lately. And Google just bought waze so it’s really been messing up

that’s why customers were complaining when I waze. When I was in Pax yesterday, the driver use Waze and it was a lot higher rate quoted for their miles then quoted. I use Google Maps as a driver.

Why would they complain, uber and lyft charges them a set price. What you are doing is you just making more to what uber is charging them.

Instead of the money going to uber or lyft

I don’t do it consciously on purpose, but sometimes I miss the street I am supposed to turn on, so the trip takes another minute. I end up making an extra $.50 at most, but that goes towards buying me a Coke.

Usually its to avoid traffic. Uber doesn’t take into consideration traffic at all and it sucks. They told someone yesterday 5min to pick them up when I was a good 15min away because of all the back streets to get to them.

Don’t get me wrong I love long rides. But when I get angry locals that may call and complain and get a refund it ride in cost me money, that’s just not gonna work.

I always say there must be something holding up traffic so it’s sending us the fastest way. If you have another route you want to take please direct me. They normally tell me follow GPS. LOL

firstly. Writers do not get to choose GPS. Secondly there has been one too many times for my taste where I have said that an unusual route will get us there faster then we get all the way past the suppose it traffic jam to find traffic is flowing smoothly making me look like an amateur.

I have been thinking the same thing and actually found it to be true. When you were in an area that you actually know, then you see that Waze is taking you on all these unnecessary turn to nothing. I’ve been learning to look ahead at the map and see where I could make my own better decisions before I drive

I use an iPad Mini 4 for my app and it gives me a 4x6 map. That enables me to see ahead and determine if another way might be better. I prefer turning left at stoplights and not a block or two over, even if the route says it’s shorter.

Yes! it takes longer routes that take more time, with lots of twists and turns for no reason. I wish it could hear all my c/o and do something with the feedback!

Seems Waze has had an update or algorithm change recently. I’m setting some variation with paths I take regularly but no real increases in time.

It still beats Uber Nav! Uber Nav is more concerned about telling you how to stay straight on the road than telling you where to turn next!

Always has, that’s why I had to stop using it. The first six steps were always dead wrong and I cannot tell you how many times it has had me drive PAST the intersection with the stop light, and then had me turn left on a 35mph five-lane road at the next block