Was I wrong to cancel ride from a bitchy rider?

You could have avoided the whole confrontation by just driving away, but you chose not to. That would have been the wise thing to do, but then you wouldn’t have this whole story to share.

That happened to me once and it was the most awkward silent ride lol she’s like isn’t it your job to pick me up in front, I’m like no it’s my job to not obstruct traffic lol

yes, you were wrong, you need to pick up the person where she was, not where you are. you did not mention that she was standing in a no stopping zone, you just said she was across the street.

However, this is what happens when you are given an app and no training

When it’s safer for the pax and others to meet on the other side, you’re not wrong. Never let anyone intimidate or guilt trip you into believing otherwise. A professional driver doesn’t jeopardize the safety of her passengers or of others or themselves.

I am so so so so so glad that you did not pick her up. I am always dismayed when I read a story about a driver being mistreated, and they still disrespect them selves by following through and picking up that disrespectful passenger. I breathed a huge sigh of relief at the end of your story when you said that you did not pick her up.

Just an observation… if you pulled up on the wrong side of the street, that’s kinda your bad. Most pax don’t mind walking a short ways on their side, but crossing the street, especially a busy one, can set them off.

There was no place to pull over on her side of the street, I would have had to double park which I wasn’t about to do

I can understand not wanting to double park in San Francisco. Here in LA, the cops turn a blind eye to small fry like double parking, so I just park anywhere, even in the middle of the intersection. Jk lol

I just ask them to cancel and redrop their pin so their actual location shows up. If they sound wasted or rude, I just shut the app off when they send the new request.

I don’t take any crap from anyone. I also kick people out of the car the moment I get any kind of disrespect at all. People are getting very, very spoiled by this service and rarely show appreciation. Uber’s days are numbered.