Ubers GPS screwed up?

So let me get this straight. You pick up a rider. He put the correct drop off point in the app. Ubers GPS takes you to the wrong location 30 minutes the wrong direction and I my fare gets lowered? How is it my fault their GPS screwed up? I had this guy in my car for over and hour and went 50 miles and lost out on 5.9 surge anf only get paid for 9 miles?? Seriously need to fix their GPS app

I had a ride Sunday that showed they were downtown in a field! When I called he cussed me out and said they were in Fsrragut! How was that my fault

Ohhh LORD I’D BE PISSED. Dont use their GPS anymore,use Google Maps

My fare was adjusted -$42… Smh and Uber even admitted they are having issues with the GPS and are working on it

On longer rides, I confirm with the rider, by asking ‘are you going to the Embarcadero?’ (For example), If they confirm it, and the GPS sends me south on 880, I know there’s a problem.
I’m not sure of all your specifics, but it helps to know for sure if you are going in the right direction.

Sad part is he had the right address in there right down to the city. But the GPS took me to the wrong city.

Their GPS told me that I was going 7.3 miles last night and they only paid me 6.01 even though I followed the route the app gave me to a t. I argued with them but of course nothing happened because they are useless.

What color is is a 5.9 so I can imagine in my head because I know it’ll never see it in my life.

They adjusted my fare because of the route too and I told them that the guy requested me to stop at a liquor store on the way. Neither him or I knew where there was one but I found it and Uber adjusted? I emailed them and they rectified.

My city has sometimes 7.0, 9.0, even 13.0 and 17.0 in new year eve. I used to get a trip at 13.0 surge

I started the trip and followed the GPS. He was going somewhere I have never been so I followed the GPS.

you are supposed to ask him where is the best route to go and if you are in Uber you should know the routes

Uber needs to definitely change there GPS… I know the areas in my home town in Savannah Georgia and I go the way I know but at times they pronounce the streets way wrong.On the weekends some gates are closed at the Collages except for one entrance which I know this but if a driver is not familiar they go to the wrong area…

Same thing happened to me. Uber GPS pointed me to an empty construction yard. I wouldn’t drop my passenger off there cus it didn’t look safe. I found the tight address and took her there. Uber only paid me for the original drop off

Seriously? The GPS navigation is a tool to help you do your job. Must be used in conjunction with the other two important tools: your car and your brain. It sounds like the latter isn’t working well.

If it is a long distance I always check with the rider.
Sometimes riders get the wrong hotel of a hotel chain.
“Best Western”
“Ok, are driving 50 miles to your hotel???”

Love how they say nothing for the ride . I mean at what point to you speak up and say ummm where we going ?
Lol :joy: pax are sheep

sorry this happened! too bad the rider had no clue.

Don’t use Ubers mapping, it sucks. Switch to Google maps or Waze

I had a ride Sunday that showed they were downtown in a field! When I called he cussed me out and said they were in Fsrragut! How was that my fault