Washington State Regulations Bill
- Goal: Simple, consistent, statewide rules
- Teamsters Organized Opposition
- Work group – 2019 Legislative session
Collective Bargaining Ordinance (CBO)
- Still on hold pending outcome of lawsuits
- 9th Circuit hearing on Feb. 5
- Decision expected between March & Summer
Announcing the new Sea-Tac Airport holding lot (Now Open!)
Improvements based on your feedback:
- 200 parking stalls
- Dedicated entry and exit lanes
- Breakout room
- Quiet room
- Designated smoking areas
- 24/7 traffic control staff
- Closer to airport
More amenities in progress:
Restroom facilities–April 2018
Washing station–April 2018
On-site support–March 2018
Feedback box–March 2018
Information board–March 2018
TNC Uber Holding Lot
2902 South 171st, SeaTac, WA 98188
- Located off International Blvd between MasterPark Lot B and Denny’s
- Managed by Uber
- Dedicated space available for uberBLACK
- Only for 45+ mpg vehicles on uberX/POOL
- Partners can still receive requests from the South 160th St. holding lot
For more details visit:
Airport Policy Updates
The Port of Seattle may issue you a citation when picking up at Sea-Tac Airport if:
Windshield does not display a valid and visible TNC endorsement
TNC For-Hire permit is not with you in the car
To comply with Sea-Tac rules, starting March 1, you will no longer be eligible to pick up at Sea-Tac Airport if you do not:
Upload your TNC endorsement
Upload your For-Hire permit
If you already have a permit upload it to your partner account
If you have received a notification from Uber to pick it up, visit King County Administration Building then upload your credentials
If you have not received notification to pick it up and your permit has been pending, visit the Greenlight hub to speak with an Expert
City of Seattle Driving Hours Regulations
Under Seattle regulations, you can be in control of a for-hire vehicle (for example, driving for a TNC) for up to 12 hours spread over 15 hours in any 24-hour period.
Driving Hours Tool
What does the Driving Hours tool do?
Launched on February 12th - you’ll get notified when you have:
- 2 hours left of driving time with Uber
- 1 hour left of driving time with Uber
- 30 minutes left of driving time with Uber
Once you hit the limit, the app will go offline to reset for 10 hours
What counts toward driving hours?
The new tool counts time spent driving while you’re online.
What about trips not on Uber?
You are responsible for keeping track of your total driving time on the road to ensure that you follow Seattle regulations.
Uber by the numbers
- 2% of trips results in a customer contact on average.
- ~150 million contacts in 2017 (not including in person!)
- In 2017 we interacted with 40% of riders and 80% of driver partners.
- Support at Uber supports customers in ~80 countries and ~35 languages.
- Agents who handle US and Canada support ~250 cities.
Improvements in 2017
Support agents segmented into lines of business, specializing in only handful of topics.
24/7 phone support launched across the US and Canada, available in 3 languages.
Escalations teams created to hand those frustrating, back and forth support interactions.
Standardized and implemented ~100 support policies, improving support consistency.
Redesigned safety related support to get back to customers within 1 hour.
New CSAT survey at the end of support interactions to better root cause poor experiences.
More automation underway! Switch city, edit vehicle, XL upcharge.
Introducing the Seattle Driver Lounge!
The Mobile Driver Lounge is an experience contained in a commercial box truck, that brings surprise and delight moments to drivers by offering restrooms, refreshments, and space to stretch and relax outside of their cars.
|High Trip Areas
Where you’ll find Uber driver support
New Airport Holding Lot
Greenlight SODO Spot
1714 1st Ave S
401 NE Northgate Way
Seattle, WA 98125
The future of Seattle Greenlight:
The Greenlight 2.0 Hub is an opportunity to provide more than in-person support. It’s a moment to offer drivers a place to lounge, shop, and explore a multitude of new amenities. We’re extremely excited to deliver this new location to you, in late-Spring.
|Brand New Support Facility in Seattle
|Privacy During Interactions
|Large Media Room (for classes)
|Full Service Coffee Bar
|Car Wash & Detailing
|Kids Play Area