Uber requires drivers to report number of passengers

Who cares what they think. You’ll probably never see them again. Rules and laws are in place for a reason.

I have an XL. If they have more than 4 pax, I don’t say a word. I adjust it with Uber after the ride…they’ll learn after they are charged more for that ride! Know that Lyft will not adjust to the XL rates in these cases, which kinda sucks.

I stopped reading before the end. If your car has 5 seatbelts then that’s the # of people allowed in your car.
I tell groups of 5 or more sorry my insurance won’t cover you if you get hurt and Uber is clear on the policy so they won’t cover you either. I can take 1-4 of you and you can call another car or get an xl

Bottom line: If you have an XL, take the pax, don’t say anything and have the fare readjusted. If you only have an X, explain to the pax the reasons as to why this is prohibited, cancel the ride, and report to Uber for the cancellation fee You are unnecessarily compromising your pax rating by committing to taking 4 out of the 5+ in the group. Don’t take unnecessary risks for mere dollars.

Well in the UK if rider requests and X and there’s more than 4 passengers we have to reject the ride and ask the rider to re-request in XL. Uber won’t change it once we let more than 4 passengers into an X even though we have an XL. Personally, I cancel the trip all together and ask the rider to order someone else as chances are they will rate you badly for asking them to re-order the same driver on XL. Cheap mofos! Sad part it the will get away with it with another driver as some drivers are desperate for the fare.