Uber/Lyft is a great gig for me

I have been doing this for just over 2 months so I am by no means an expert but I do make a good living at this driving full time days in Minneapolis MN. My work philosophy is I never turn down a fare that pops up on my screen. I take the good with the bad I keep pretty steady all day and I always hit my financial goal each day. I do have some Programing knowledge and I do believe that they could work an algorithm into the program that would send fewer fares to people who constantly refuse fares and more to those that take everything. It has felt like it has gotten easier and easier since I adopted this method. I am sure some of you will think I am crazy but Uber/Lyft has been a great gig. I look forward to it every morning, I have zero horror stories driving days and I have meet some very interesting people.

I have the same method. I take every call no matter what. If both go off I take Lyft. I drive at night though and on the weekends.

I use the same philosophy. Unless it’s more than 10 minutes away. It has worked for me. I usually meet my goal or exceed it

I tried POOL and Line when I was new. But those riders are ignorant douche bags who love to give low ratings and never tip. And you will be deactivated for low ratings.

I have had at least 2 or 3 fares around 15 minutes away every day. I take them all and 8 out of 10 have them have been well worth the effort including a couple of 40 mile trips to the airport that paid $45 each plus a $10 tip.

My nephew is going to school in Minneapolis, so I’m glad there are good drivers there.

I drive a lot of students on several different campuses throughout the city. I always have great conversations with the youth of today.

it gets me out of my apartment, and I got over a 2 year problem with driving anywhere. I enjoy being with people during my retirement.

I have used the same method since I started back in March. I found that the NET payoff is way higher than the cherry pick method.

I can run all five levels on both UBER/Lyft. I no longer do X or base Lyft. My 2014 Navigator loves gasoline too much. So I just turn that level off right in the APP.

I have done some preliminary calculations. To be successful at X and base Lyft, you need a car that gets 25 mpg or higher to really be profitable.

With Detroit’s rates being one of the lowest in the country, we have to be smart and have a solid plan when running X and base Lyft…

I totally agree Marc and I’m like you. I take everything that comes my way. It’s the best
32 hr/wk job I’ve ever had! I am positive, stay positive and give great customer service and I seem to do pretty good

At least you are happy with what you are doing. You are not crazy, you are just a kind hearted person who loves to do charity work for uber and lyft. They need more drivers like you. That “strategy” of accepting all requests doesn’t seem to be a good one for me and every uber-driver I personally met.

Fairness is and has always been a high priority with Uber’s software design.Your suggestion indicates the desire to inflict injury on other drivers because you think they deserve it. No driver deserves to be discriminated against because you don’t understand there circumstances. You will not find favoritism at Uber for any reason.

Fairness with Uber’s software design? Hahaha That was a hillarious joke. They are only fair to themselves while taking advantage of their own drivers.

although i understand you ideas, they are not in line with reality.

Rewarding effort and subsequent performance is NOT discrimination.

Example: Football, do you continue to play the quarterback tgat is not getting the task handled? Nope, you play the quarterback that gives 100% all of the time and continues to excel and get the job done.

And if the platforms have the ability to reward performers, there is nothing wrong with that.

We are not playing little league sports. Everybody does not get a trophy. We are running our own businesses here…

Look, what you just mentioned is a personal opinion only! Here at Uber, your rewards are generated by your efforts and not attributed to favors done at Management level. Drivers are free to conduct there business as they see fit and the success will be based on the performance of the driver not some ass kissing to Uber management as you suggested in your post. I’ve known many ass kissers in my many long years as a driver and I can tell you that with your attitude- you will end up on the bottom…

You meant at the bottom of the bottom? Lol coz if you drive for Uber you are already at the bottom LOL Homeless beggars collect more money than uber-slaves.

so is a 15 minute drive to pick up a pax is okay? or 20 for a 5 minute ride thats cool,or a uber poolwhen it is surging?

I’ve driven further, I’ve called pax before leaving and they indicated that no drivers were available and pleaded for me to come. My longest travel time to pick up was 35 min. At 5:30 am.

I do the same as you. It’s an ok side gig. As far as the programming you mentioned it’s supposedly already in there. The higher your acceptance rating the shorter your wait time is. Granted this is meaningless in busier markets, however in tighter markets it may make a difference.