Uber is holding it against me when I cancel on no shows and cancelation

Wonder what they expect us to do, say we picked them up and drive them to the destination. We have no control over a person who cxls so not sure why they’d penalize us

yes I had that happen to me Friday night and they sent me an email saying I had a high % of cancellations. I had 3 of those Friday night. Pax dropping pins in the wrong place etc. Call them and they do not answer so I cancel. Sucks!

For Android phone users… Get the Rideshare Timer app and the Pax Notify app. These will make your life so much easier.

And if anybody found anything similar for IPhone, please let me know

When you arrive, text to rider (Waiting) then if you cancel for rider no show, you should not get message from Uber Daper squad.

It’s worse than that. When I get a ping that says it was cancelled before I could react to it, my acceptance goes down 2%. Every time. Even when it pings me, I tap it and it says invalid request, 2% drop.

Another thing. I can have a 0% cancellation out of 500 rides, but if I have to cancel one, for whatever reason, it shoots to 2%. How is one cancellation 2%of the last 500 rides? If my math is right 2% of 500 is ten cancellations, not one.