Uber is getting worse

Very few people left who have been doing it long. No one can actually enjoy being screwed all the time by uber. Only long timers left are one who cannot get another job and are forced to deal with this crap to pay the bills. If anyone else is still around go get some therapy.

I’ve been in it since October of 2014. It’s gotten worse the longer I’ve stayed. I regret not getting out much sooner. The fact that their aren’t a LOT of vets in the TNC industry (which is still an immature juvenile in the scheme of things) as compared to vets in the taxi business should say something.

Started with Uber Black in July 2012. Black was the only platform back then. Was great. Aquired almost every customer to become my personal client. Then X and XL started in June 2013. That was the start of the downfall.

Rates went from $2.25 to $1.35 to $1.15 to $1.05 to $.90 to $.70. The more the rates fell, the more drivers joined Uber X. And the amount of new drivers still joining is astonishing. The ignorance of America is alive and well. The proof is in every answered ping.

I just hit 8 months but we still have profitable rates. I love to Uber, but our pax are better than what I hear about on here and they tip. If it sucked I wouldn’t do it.

I’ve been driving Uberx for nearly seven months. I enjoy the work and fortunately money isn’t the primary factor for me right now. I need the flexibility that I can’t get with a regular job.

I did it for almost a year and was enjoying it at 1.60/mile (Driving in Desmoines) until they reduced the rates twice. 1.60 to 1.00 to .65 a mile. That’s when I knew it was time to goon hiatus and do something else for a while.

I have to admit I enjoyed the gig for a good while, especially when rates were $1.65/mile. After last year’s rate cut I noticed a steady decline in overall pax quality, then hit a point some time last summer when I seldom felt inspired to go online.

The site says St Louis is $1.20/mile, $0.20/min. Better then a lot of other areas. We’re at $0.85 and $0.15. That’s why I stopped driving here. Not worth losing money and ruining my car for that IDIOT Travis.

Some markets are 75cents per mile. 75 cents, minus depreciation, minus proper insurance (Ride share insurance is the law…God help you if you get into an accident without it) Don’t forget to subtract fuel and maintenance from the 75 cents. Oh yeah, then Uber takes 20 - 25% from those three quarters.

I have been driving for almost 2 years but for about a year now surge 1.8 minimum rate was about $2.00 a mile when I started it’s $.90 now with $3 gas in LA

Still going strong and liking it since July 2015. Maybe it’s the SF Bay Area. I’m profitable, driving Select, X and Lyft. Rate is lower than last year, but expanded Select area and more surge in the South Bay, coupled with bonuses have been helping.

I’ve done it long enough than to know to not even think about trying to pick up something like this. Uber should add the no way in hell button or a only for a $20 minimum tip button next to the accept option.

The good thing for you is that the worse the service gets the more customers will come running back to you. Uber’s poor management and horrible business decisions have really been a major blunder that drives customers away.

Despite this, I still actually enjoy it. Since I don’t rely on it to pay rent, I have a different take on it. I never drive past 11-12 at night, especially on the weekends. That’s for the arrogant, ignorant, drunk passengers. Ain’t got no time for that. Instead, I wake up early and drive on Sunday’s, where you get a church and football crowd that has a way better temprament.

My point is simply that in that 5 years that Uber has been in existence, the turnover rate is extremely high vs. the turnover rate for those who have been taxi drivers…even if the sample is within the same 5 year stretch. I don’t even see what we’re disagreeing about.

Not many people consider Uber as a full time job. Most taxi drivers are full time.
Two separate parts of the transportation business. Two completely different types of drivers.