Uber best practices for safety, high ratings, and profit maximization

• Don’t even think about driving until you’ve purchased a commercial livery insurance policy. That’ll run you about $4500 per year so you’re going to be doing a lot of driving at first. But you really have no choice in the matter. Your personal insurance company is going to drop you if they learn you’re driving for Uber. And the Uber contingent liability policy DOES NOT cover your medical claim or your property claim in the event you are involved in an at-fault accident.
• Dual channel dashcam. Don’t ask why. Just get one and install it.
• Never pick up a pax with a rating lower than 4.7. (Jesus, how hard is it to be a 5-star pax? How about not being a duh*bag?)
• Never respond to a ping more than 10 minutes away. (Yes, it might be a decent fare, but the odds are against you.)
• If you’re traveling, never respond to a ping behind you.
• When you arrive at pickup location and pax is not present, DO NOT call or text the pax. Start a stop watch and cancel at 5:01 and move on. A pax who lacks the basic courtesy of being ready when you arrive is likely not a pax you want in your car in the first place. After all, the pax called YOU.

hit the ARRIVED button when you’re still about 30 seconds from actually stopping at the pin drop point. The benefit is twofold: the pax knows you’re there and had better be ready, and you get a head start on the 300-second wait before you can collect your no-show fee.

Someone did a great job with the ‘math’ of being an Uber partner, including taxes and a lot more and it was pretty ugly re: a money neutral proposition. while trashing your own car with miles and maintenance .

Deluded. You don’t count the cost of doing business from depreciation/maintenance of every mile driven with Uber, tax implications and more. When you do the math (won’t do it for you), you are making less than a McD’s burger flipper… Fact

Make sure to run errands when a trip takes you near somewhere you needed to go anyway. I’ve not had to “pay” for an errand in town in over a year. It means logging on when it’s slow and having extra dead miles but you’d be driving them anyway and now they’re deductible

I have done the math, repeatedly. I know when and where to drive. I know which rides to accept. I know which areas to work and which to avoid. I “make” money doing Uber. And I’m smart enough at the end of the year to “lose” money with the IRS. It ain’t rocket science kids.

Search my posts before you make a judgement on my driving. I do the math… it costs $.38 per mile to operate my 2016 Kia Sorento SXL AWD V6. Dont assume…

I think what people get confused about is what cash flow is, profit and savings. Driving is great for cash flow, nothing beats it. A profit or loss is not real money, it is on your tax returns. Savings is what most drivers, not on here, don’t have.

Different cars have vastly different operating costs. A Prius vs. the person with the Kia Sorento that costs .38 cents a mile. My car, a 2008 Ford Taurus with the 24Valve DOHC engine is in the same range. This brings up another point. Is a passenger going to be comfortable in the back seat if a Prius? No. I have been in many a Prius and seats are hard and there is not much legroom.

The Prius driver likely has operating costs that are .18 cents a mike range. Should rider pay for more comfort? I am not talking about premium cars. I am talking about XL cars for they are not all created the same and the costs to operate it. Taxes are not much help for a lot of drivers No way to get around the basic fact.

Loans these days likely say no rideshare allowed. The insurance goes up when you file a claim, the more you drive the more likely. Your insurance does not cover rideshare so you are not covered by them at all, if its your fault. Now, how much less are you really making now?

Your next car might have a clause that states rideshare is not allowed, did you get your car this year? Some say you can’t, you’re lucky. You can get in an accident anytime, has nothing to do with your past record. You’re lucky there too, not everyone here is.

Some list it, go check for yourself like everyone else should.
No you’re point is you’re unlikely to have one, not sure what that’s all about?
You don’t have the same deductible, unless you do have rideshare or TNC Gap insurance on your policy, then state that you do. Most people can’t park and wait.

No one would consider waiting tables for under half the minimum wage without tips and that is what Uber is trying to convince people to do and they are trying to convince customers that drivers are making plenty and that tipping is just the drivers being greedy.

I drive a 2013 camry hybrid. I’ve purchased special ridesshare insurance. In 2015 my costs came to $0.48. I’m assuming that since gas has gone down and my car is another year older it will be less this year.

he last bit you posted makes no sense. If I choose to work the area where I dropped off, then I park and wait. If I want to work another area, I turn off the app and go there. How freaking hard is that to understand? People who drive UberX and drive around looking for passengers are morons. It’s not exactly like you can be hailed.